Adapters

ShaunKris

#PROJECT84FORIA
Is there such a fitting that can adapt inverted flare hard factory transmission lines to JIC/AN fittings for PTFE hose?
The reason for asking is that I am installing a new transmission with new flex PTFE braid hose with JIC/AN fittings. The inlet/outlet on the Coldcase radiator are 1/8pipe and the only 90degree fitting that will fit is the brass 90 nptf to (5/16 nut) Inverted flare(tube)
. I have the 90 degree pipe to JIC/AN but it sticks out to far and interferes with the a/c condenser.
Any ideas / help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
I’m sure you’re thinking fewer fittings equals fewer potential leaks.
Spacing the condenser forward would be my first choice if your not running a front mount I/C.
It’s been 35 yrs since I put my trans cooler on so I don’t recall what it would take to move the condenser forward for more space, if it’s even possible.

yeah, I agree. I thought maybe I could shift it to the drivers side a bit but I'm not sure about that. I may have to fabricate something to hold it if I move it forward.

You can make a hard line from your 90* fitting and then add a tube adapter to AN fitting. If you have the right tool you could also do a AN flare on the tube.

Last edited:
You can make a hard line from your 90* fitting and then add a tube adapter to AN fitting. If you have the right tool you could also do a AN flare on the tube.
If you decide to flare the tube you need a 37* not a 45* like normal , some tube nuts and a 37* tube seal up piece, for the an fitting.

Yes, AN is 37*. My friend has a Mastercool flaring tool. I got 6 and 8 AN adapters for it so we can do AN flares when we need to.

good info guys, thanks a bunch!! I just wish it was simpler.. like a tighter 90 degree pipe to AN..

that one fricken fitting would fix my ails. just like the Brass pipe to flare, but AN/JIC instead.

How about something like this, you could do a npt to an6 from there:
vpe-10825_xl.jpg

As above the street 90* like the stock unit. I also saw this on summit.
That is what is installed right now. I would love to post a picture but all my files are too big lol... just look at #PROJECT84foria on Instagram or Shaun.Wakefield