WTB Driver and Passenger Fender

Good job TurboNut85!!!!1 Finally someone called out these guys. I laugh when I look in the parts for sale section to see an NOS set of grey valve stem caps for a "LOW ONE DAY PRICE OF $400". These guys are getting rediculous. I wonder if anyone goes to the junkyard to get parts anymore? Who in their right mind would pay $700 for a fender. We all know NOS body panels still need body work. Get a used fender for $35 from the junkyard and have it painted.

This is for you guys that want to try to make TurboNut85 look like some kind of fool. YOU GUYS RUIN THIS HOBBY. Take your selfish money hungry butts over to Barret Jackson and hang out with other people that think a 40k mile GN is worth $80k. You are the ones that make other people raise their prices for used parts.

People on this board often ask more for a used part (ex Power Steering pumps, belt tensioners) than you can go to the parts store and buy NEW! Why? Becuase some retard posts a used one for sale for $90 so the next guy does a search to see what to ask for his. Then he figures, well that was a year old post so I'll ask $95. But you can get a NEW tensioner for $69 from Oreilly's. New PS Pump for $95.

Give me a break guys. Your NOS fenders are worthless. If you actually had a part that was impossible to get new or used, then YES ask higher prices if you have a new one. But a fender is not a valuable or hard to get part. I have about 7 sets available. $50 per fender.

Call me what you will. The only thing I HATE is when some rich a**clown with 14 posts on this board...(only 2 of which are tech related and not trying to sell overpriced parts) comes on here and tries to make a**loads of money off people that actually have a vested interest in this board and this hobby. Some people are on here because they ACTUALLY like the cars, and like to work on these cars instead of flaunting around how much money they have. It pisses me off to see someone join this board for the SOLE reason of making money off people. Go peddle your outrageously overpriced stuff somewhere else. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to this forum, just go away. I'm sure not ALL GNX owners are this way. I retract my broad statement on that subject. This guy, however, is. He should do a little more research before he opens his trap....some of us know what we are talking about. As far as the 5th grade playground.....you're just like a 5th grader....cast your little stones and then run away so you don't have to deal with the consequences...very mature.:rolleyes:

Battle

This is some funny s@#t battling one another gn or gnx what's the difference? same car to me.... just a little mods on the GNX, can we all get alone:D. I got a nos hood that I bought back in 2005 and I still have it. Come on guys..... we're family.

What happened to the 53 mile GNX to cause the need for a new hood? And if one were going to have to get it painted anyway, why not get one with a blem or two, have them massaged out correctly, then have it painted and save some cash to boot?

Hood

What happened to the 53 mile GNX to cause the need for a new hood? And if one were going to have to get it painted anyway, why not get one with a blem or two, have them massaged out correctly, then have it painted and save some cash to boot?

The day of the sale on the X the transporter came to pick it up for the buyer, the battery was weak. We jumped it and left the battery pack under the hood connected. The operator got in and drove the car up into the car carrier and the hood came up and caught the top ramp of the truck. That hood bent back like a pretzel where the hood hinges attach. The new owner was not happy but just wanted it replaced. I went back and forth with the trans company on the damage and they claimed it was my fault for not securing the hood. The new owner remarkably told me just to get him a used perfect hood. After a exhausting search I made the choice to just get him a new NOS hood and 9 hole liner.

The day of the sale on the X the transporter came to pick it up for the buyer, the battery was weak. We jumped it and left the battery pack under the hood connected. The operator got in and drove the car up into the car carrier and the hood came up and caught the top ramp of the truck. That hood bent back like a pretzel where the hood hinges attach. The new owner was not happy but just wanted it replaced. I went back and forth with the trans company on the damage and they claimed it was my fault for not securing the hood. The new owner remarkably told me just to get him a used perfect hood. After a exhausting search I made the choice to just get him a new NOS hood and 9 hole liner.
Daaaaaaamn, I would have been livid. I can't imagine how high your blood pressure shot watching that unfold.

That IS surprising that the new owner took the car anyway. Very understanding of him indeed. I would figure a buyer to be in the market for a 53 mile X wouldn't go for one that had to have the hood replaced. Glad things worked out for you. :cool:

Fender

Had one forsale for $100 - no bites!!

Attachments

• car%20006.jpg
    car%20006.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 113
  • car%20008.jpg
    car%20008.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 110
Fender

I suspect it is an after market piece thats why I am asking $100. I don't know where or when it was bought, I got it as a package deal with a car. Do you still want a quote?

Call me what you will. The only thing I HATE is when some rich a**clown with 14 posts on this board...(only 2 of which are tech related and not trying to sell overpriced parts) comes on here and tries to make a**loads of money off people that actually have a vested interest in this board and this hobby. Some people are on here because they ACTUALLY like the cars, and like to work on these cars instead of flaunting around how much money they have. It pisses me off to see someone join this board for the SOLE reason of making money off people. Go peddle your outrageously overpriced stuff somewhere else. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to this forum, just go away. I'm sure not ALL GNX owners are this way. I retract my broad statement on that subject. This guy, however, is. He should do a little more research before he opens his trap....some of us know what we are talking about. As far as the 5th grade playground.....you're just like a 5th grader....cast your little stones and then run away so you don't have to deal with the consequences...very mature.:rolleyes:

who is this to?

Had one forsale for $100 - no bites!!

Sorry to do this but since we are being honest in this thread - Aftermarket Regal fenders are $71.95 - New. Do not know what shipping is from those sellers.

Since I have Radio Delete anyway - the aftermarket can be the deal.

Sorry to do this but since we are being honest in this thread - Aftermarket Regal fenders are $71.95 - New. Do not know what shipping is from those sellers.

Since I have Radio Delete anyway - the aftermarket can be the deal.

i think the key word here is AFTERMARKET! not new gm.

from what i have been the reason aftermarket stuff never fits right is because it is NOT a exact copy of the original! i was told if it was a exact copy the aftermarket maker would have to pay royalties to gm so to get around paying royalties it is made a little difrrent here and there that is why i was told they don't fit right.

Maybe that is why there is no antenna hole???

I think lots of fitment problems are from working on something that got bent up a bit and even the OEM part would have been a problem. If they were all really that bad, nobody would be using the stuff and lots of it gets used. Just a thought - do not know it to be true either way but might find out soon.

lilbowtie Why are you selling that fender/not using it yourself?

If it is damage free...
Checkout shipping to 20904 - maybe you will take $100 delivered? I do not know what it costs to ship something like that, but if it helps to make it something that needs to be picked up a the doc - I've had to pick up big parts like that in the past.

Fender

I really just thru it out there w/ the price some people ask. I have 3 regals - lilbowtie, 81- 22,000 mi car, and a back half project. My son & I are changing directions and looking to get into a dragster so the 81 & project are going to go.

I really just thru it out there w/ the price some people ask. I have 3 regals - lilbowtie, 81- 22,000 mi car, and a back half project. My son & I are changing directions and looking to get into a dragster so the 81 & project are going to go.

First, I hope that was an aftermarket fender. I certainly did not mean to offer aftermarket $ for a new OEM part. But if those projects are going and ya want to get rid of it...

I have not yet checked what shipping will be on the $72 aftermarket fender from the auto parts place, but if yours is an aftermarket damage free right fender for my GN - essentially the same part - I'll buy your same part for the same price they want.

NO Aftermarket Body Parts are available

TT38, dispite what people are indicating there are NO body panels available for any 1978-1987 Buick Regal or GN. That makes your fender a "NORS" fender. "New Old Replacment Stock". Your price of 100.00 plus shipping is more than fair for a new A-Market fender that is not available anymore. Good Luck with your sale.

TT38, dispite what people are indicating there are NO body panels available for any 1978-1987 Buick Regal or GN. That makes your fender a "NORS" fender. "New Old Replacment Stock". Your price of 100.00 plus shipping is more than fair for a new A-Market fender that is not available anymore. Good Luck with your sale.

I hope you are wrong, will call the parts place on Monday and see what they say - it is still listed???

Well, if the OP'er did not get the part - here is another TTT