WTB Driver and Passenger Fender

TT38

Looking for a really nice set of original GM Buick Regal fenders. Preferably black and ready to bolt on.(no dings, or rust) Don't really want to go through the hassles and cost of having a set refinished. I know that what I'm asking will be somewhat of a tall task to fill but figured I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone is parting out a low mileage Turbo Regal and has a set available. Let me know.
Thanks.

I guess it would have helped to put that info up. Unfortunately for the both of you, not close enough to pick up. I would certainly be willing to pay for shipping if the fenders fit the description of what I was looking for.

Dwayne you are 100% correct. Well anyways.....Long Island, NY.
Thanks for replying.

NOS Left/Right fenders

600.00 NOS right side fender in GM box
700.00 NOS left side fender in GM box
located in NY, can meet to drop off.

600.00 NOS right side fender in GM box
700.00 NOS left side fender in GM box
located in NY, can meet to drop off.

:eek: $1300 :eek: For UNFINISHED fenders??? you could have a set painted PERFECT for about half that....Sheesh.

(Keep in mind, NOS doesn't always mean perfection, and NEVER means painted and ready to bolt on.)

turbonut85 - i figured those prices sounded a little crazy......wasn't sure if they were finished or not. Sounds like no.

Boostdeznuts - I already contacted Dennis and he said he had a few very nice sets. He won't ship though which means about a three hour drive for me and in addition to that you just hope they are in the shape you are looking for. What type of shape are yours in. Rust, paint condition (original), staight, dings/dents? How far up are you?

Thanks to everyones responses thus far.

i'm in ct come get a pair for $175. all diffrent colors. probably little over a hour from you. 203 213 9126

You should get it from James in CT he's a good seller too if you dont want to travel to Dennis, I saw Dennis fenders ,they are in perfect shape,

Just an option

:eek: $1300 :eek: For UNFINISHED fenders??? you could have a set painted PERFECT for about half that....Sheesh.

(Keep in mind, NOS doesn't always mean perfection, and NEVER means painted and ready to bolt on.)

My offer to sell a set of NOS fenders was just to give the buyer another way to go. I do not know what condition car he has, but if he has a low mileage original car then using NOS fenders is always a better choice. I know that they are UNFINISHED, hence "brand new in the box". I would also assume that now one has ever priced out brand new fenders from GM when they were available. As I mentioned, just another option to consider, no need to bash a seller for offering an alternative.:smile:

Looking for a really nice set of original GM Buick Regal fenders. Preferably black and ready to bolt on.(no dings, or rust) Don't really want to go through the hassles and cost of having a set refinished. I know that what I'm asking will be somewhat of a tall task to fill but figured I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone is parting out a low mileage Turbo Regal and has a set available. Let me know.
Thanks.

My offer to sell a set of NOS fenders was just to give the buyer another way to go. I do not know what condition car he has, but if he has a low mileage original car then using NOS fenders is always a better choice. I know that they are UNFINISHED, hence "brand new in the box". I would also assume that now one has ever priced out brand new fenders from GM when they were available. As I mentioned, just another option to consider, no need to bash a seller for offering an alternative.:smile:

If you look in the red print in his original post, you will see he wasn't interested in having them refinished...because of hassle and COST.

FYI: in Dec of 1987 a Regal front fender (I say Regal, because they are no different from grandma's Limited, to some rich guy"s GNX, regardless of what some people might think) List price was $147.85 for L or R.

In feb of 1998 the list price was $267.89...Who has done there homework???

So for your, "low price" of $1300.00 plus the average cost of around $500-$700 to have them painted...Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: It doesn't sound that great at $1800.00 minimum for a pair of fenders. Which, by the way, are one of the few body panels on a Regal that VERY RARELY rust. Again ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

I wasn't bashing the seller....only the EXAGERATED and OVERINFLATED prices.

So relax, Bud....and go make room for those two pieces of gold on your shelves....you're probably going to have them a while.;)

?

If you look in the red print in his original post, you will see he wasn't interested in having them refinished...because of hassle and COST.

FYI: in Dec of 1987 a Regal front fender (I say Regal, because they are no different from grandma's Limited, to some rich guy"s GNX, regardless of what some people might think) List price was $147.85 for L or R.

In feb of 1998 the list price was $267.89...Who has done there homework???

So for your, "low price" of $1300.00 plus the average cost of around $500-$700 to have them painted...Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: It doesn't sound that great at $1800.00 minimum for a pair of fenders. Which, by the way, are one of the few body panels on a Regal that VERY RARELY rust. Again ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

I wasn't bashing the seller....only the EXAGERATED and OVERINFLATED prices.

So relax, Bud....and go make room for those two pieces of gold on your shelves....you're probably going to have them a while.;)

Out of curiosity, how much do you think that NOS in the box fenders are worth now? Or a NOS hood in the box? Last year I paid 1,500.00 plus shipping from CA for a NOS hood for one of my GNX's. Was that too much. I looked at about 10 used hoods and found them not acceptable. I even went 5 hours away to CT to look at one that was listed as "mint original paint, bolt on ready", and still found it to have alot of flaws. New original NOS was the clear choice after a 2 month search. Again, there is nothing better than NOS. Also again, just giving a alternative choice for a buyer to consider. Unless you can go back in time, prices in 1998 or 1987 do not do anyone any good. I know the seller of the hood paid 690.00 for it in 1996, as the he had the GM parts receipt. But it was 2008 and I had to pay 1500.00

Out of curiosity, how much do you think that NOS in the box fenders are worth now? Or a NOS hood in the box? Last year I paid 1,500.00 plus shipping from CA for a NOS hood for one of my GNX's. Was that too much. I looked at about 10 used hoods and found them not acceptable. I even went 5 hours away to CT to look at one that was listed as "mint original paint, bolt on ready", and still found it to have alot of flaws. New original NOS was the clear choice after a 2 month search. Again, there is nothing better than NOS. Also again, just giving a alternative choice for a buyer to consider. Unless you can go back in time, prices in 1998 or 1987 do not do anyone any good. I know the seller of the hood paid 690.00 for it in 1996, as the he had the GM parts receipt. But it was 2008 and I had to pay 1500.00

Hmm....lets see....YEP, you paid too much.:biggrin: I have the original sales receipt from GM dated 4-7-06 (from when I bought my NOS turbo hood part # 25512114 from a local GM dealer) My price was $583.95 and I picked it up from the dealership. You didn't "have to pay 1500.00", you just didn't do your homework. You paid double for the NOS hood than it would have cost to buy a used one and have it painted...and you STILL had to have it painted.

As far as the 1987 and 1998 prices, you asked if anyone looked up the prices from "when they were still available from GM" and in 1987 and 1998 they were. We could go back and forth on this....you still won't be able to justify your prices. Frankly I was just trying to save the guy from taking it in the shorts. Just because you paid way too much, doesn't mean everyone else will.:rolleyes: People like you are the ones that make it impossible for the rest of us to get parts at a reasonable price. "I saw some guy paid $1500.00 for an NOS hood once...that's why I'm asking $5,000"......yadda, yadda, yadda. Maybe you should just go polish one of your NOS fenders. :rolleyes::p

Very ture

hmm....lets see....yep, you paid too much.:biggrin: I have the original sales receipt from gm dated 4-7-06 (from when i bought my nos turbo hood part # 25512114 from a local gm dealer) my price was $583.95 and i picked it up from the dealership. You didn't "have to pay 1500.00", you just didn't do your homework. You paid double for the nos hood than it would have cost to buy a used one and have it painted...and you still had to have it painted.

As far as the 1987 and 1998 prices, you asked if anyone looked up the prices from "when they were still available from gm" and in 1987 and 1998 they were. We could go back and forth on this....you still won't be able to justify your prices. Frankly i was just trying to save the guy from taking it in the shorts. Just because you paid way too much, doesn't mean everyone else will.:rolleyes: People like you are the ones that make it impossible for the rest of us to get parts at a reasonable price. "i saw some guy paid $1500.00 for an nos hood once...that's why i'm asking $5,000"......yadda, yadda, yadda. Maybe you should just go polish one of your nos fenders. :rolleyes::p

x2....

Paid too much?

Hmm....lets see....YEP, you paid too much.:biggrin: I have the original sales receipt from GM dated 4-7-06 (from when I bought my NOS turbo hood part # 25512114 from a local GM dealer) My price was $583.95 and I picked it up from the dealership. You didn't "have to pay 1500.00", you just didn't do your homework. You paid double for the NOS hood than it would have cost to buy a used one and have it painted...and you STILL had to have it painted.

As far as the 1987 and 1998 prices, you asked if anyone looked up the prices from "when they were still available from GM" and in 1987 and 1998 they were. We could go back and forth on this....you still won't be able to justify your prices. Frankly I was just trying to save the guy from taking it in the shorts. Just because you paid way too much, doesn't mean everyone else will.:rolleyes: People like you are the ones that make it impossible for the rest of us to get parts at a reasonable price. "I saw some guy paid $1500.00 for an NOS hood once...that's why I'm asking $5,000"......yadda, yadda, yadda. Maybe you should just go polish one of your NOS fenders. :rolleyes::p

I guess we could go back and forth on this, but I will not as this will be my last post on this. You said I paid too much for my hood and since I paid 1500.00 that will make it impossible for anyone to get one reasonable?? So I should have not bought it? I looked for 2 months for a quality hood, could not find it. Drove 5 hours, still could not get one. That is not doing my homework? I wanted a perfect hood. Could not find it used, so I paid for a new one. Was not going to just slap any hood on a 53 mile GNX. As far as polishing my fenders, I dont need as they are new in a box. Its good you bought a new hood in 2006, my car did not need one in 2006. The hoods are discontinued. I know all the major GN parts reseller and the only one that had one was Bill at OriginalityPlus in CA. And again, just posted my fenders as an alternative option for the buyer, I did not pressure him into buying my parts or berate him for wanting to put used parts on his car, just let him know there was another option out there.

UNSUBSCRIBED TO THIS THREAD.

JamestownGNX may have paid too much for his parts but he is one of few that probably have a few sets of NOS fenders or other nos parts on his shelf. The price for theese parts is fair when it comes to a low or no milage GNX or GN that someone want's NOS parts for, ""THAT ARE DISCONTINUED"" My or any INS copany would have no problem paying $1300 to $1800 for that pair of fenders for any low milage GN/ GNX/REGAL. So turbonut85 if you still have that NOS hood I will take it for $600 + shipping.

I guess we could go back and forth on this, but I will not as this will be my last post on this. You said I paid too much for my hood and since I paid 1500.00 that will make it impossible for anyone to get one reasonable?? So I should have not bought it? I looked for 2 months for a quality hood, could not find it. Drove 5 hours, still could not get one. That is not doing my homework? I wanted a perfect hood. Could not find it used, so I paid for a new one. Was not going to just slap any hood on a 53 mile GNX. As far as polishing my fenders, I dont need as they are new in a box. Its good you bought a new hood in 2006, my car did not need one in 2006. The hoods are discontinued. I know all the major GN parts reseller and the only one that had one was Bill at OriginalityPlus in CA. And again, just posted my fenders as an alternative option for the buyer, I did not pressure him into buying my parts or berate him for wanting to put used parts on his car, just let him know there was another option out there.

UNSUBSCRIBED TO THIS THREAD.
Guess what...they were discontinued in 2006 when I bought mine as well.:rolleyes: I still didn't pay 1500 for it.

JamestownGNX may have paid too much for his parts but he is one of few that probably have a few sets of NOS fenders or other nos parts on his shelf. The price for theese parts is fair when it comes to a low or no milage GNX or GN that someone want's NOS parts for, ""THAT ARE DISCONTINUED"" My or any INS copany would have no problem paying $1300 to $1800 for that pair of fenders for any low milage GN/ GNX/REGAL. So turbonut85 if you still have that NOS hood I will take it for $600 + shipping.

I have to say that not many...if any...INS companies are willing to shell out extra $$$ for anything. That's just not good buisness. If yours will, then good for you, I'm sure your premiums reflect that as well. As for the hood...unlike JamestownGNX....I used the hood on my GN....instead of stuffing it on the shelf and trying to stick it up somebody's a** selling it later on. Truth be told, had I not used it, and you needed it (to use, NOT re-sell), I would have sold it to you for $600 plus shipping. Because that is what car guys do....I guess GNX guys are different though. Who knew?:redface:

Huh?

Guess what...they were discontinued in 2006 when I bought mine as well.:rolleyes: I still didn't pay 1500 for it.

I have to say that not many...if any...INS companies are willing to shell out extra $$$ for anything. That's just not good buisness. If yours will, then good for you, I'm sure your premiums reflect that as well. As for the hood...unlike JamestownGNX....I used the hood on my GN....instead of stuffing it on the shelf and trying to stick it up somebody's a** selling it later on. Truth be told, had I not used it, and you needed it (to use, NOT re-sell), I would have sold it to you for $600 plus shipping. Because that is what car guys do....I guess GNX guys are different though. Who knew?:redface:

Wow. I cant believe that you would give any board member a hard time for offering parts for sale. And I guess you did not read the posts either. If you would have read the posts you would have seen that Jamestown stated that he "searched 2 months for a quality hood, when one could not be found he bought the only new hood out there from a seller in Cali for 1500 for his GNX".... Y do you claim he is trying to stick it to someone or put it on the shelf. And as far as buying parts to store or to buy and resell, what the hell is wrong with that??? You claim then that I am not a car Guy because I have a shop full of GN/GNX parts and own a GNX????? How am I different because I am a GNX Guy???? Please......Dont be a hater.

And I to am going to unsubscribe to this tread because it is starting to sound like a 5th grade schoolyard.