WTB - back half or full tube chassis GN/T-Type

440Clark

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is Mark, my buddies call me Clark.

I am in the process of swapping a 1987 3.8l into a 1986 Regal that had a v8 and 700r4.
Here is what I have so far;
-Pretty complete 3.8l engine with turbo, intercooler, intake and exhaust manifolds, slightly hacked wiring harness.
200 trans with stock converter

A few things I know I need;
-Complete fuel system. I was thinking of going aftermarket because I have a feeling it might be easier. What is the target fuel pressure?
-Hydro Boost for brake booster, is there any economical way to make the brakes work without it? Manual brake swap perhaps?
-driveshaft
-head pipe (the down pipe off the turbo)
-transmission cross member
-ECM

I've got the engine and trans in the car already and here are some issues I'm already having;
-Can't seem to find the right grommet for the PCV valve. It's in the intake manifold. Anybody got a part #?
-Stock shifter cable bracket that was on the 200 trans doesn't seem to want to put the end of the cable on the trans linkage in the correct location.
-Can't get drivers motor mount bolt through, real close but looks like engine has to come down literally an 1/8 of an inch, this might happen once I get the trans actually mounted to a crossmember, however it looks like a stud from the frame mount is hitting the motor mount.
-Does the GN have a different front sway bar? The intercooler is sitting on the sway bar so I can't drop it in deep enough to bolt the intercooler to the bottom bracket on the front of the engine.

Anything else I should be aware of? I am a total newbie to the GN scene!!!

Fuel system, Joe Teleca's system CANNOT be beat.

Let the others say what they will, his shit is golden and bolts straight up.

Nick Micale sells a great down pipe, if you want to use a manual adjustable waste gate controller.

I won't get into fitment issues.

I would seriously consider ordering a new wiring harness from Casper’s electronics. The now 33 + year old connectors are long past there service life. Trust me you will be chasing all kinds of electrical issues due to corrosion, bad contacts, hacked wires, etc.

I’ll look into that, thanks. I bent up a 2.5 “ down pipe today. Looks like it should fit okay. The original V8 radiator looks fine with the v8’s upper hose but a new GN lower hose. Old TV cable hooked up nicely. If I put 1 and 1/2 inch spacer between stabilizer bar bushing bracket and frame it will clear the intercooler. Tomorrow I’m gonna try and tweak the 700r4 crossmember to mount the 200.

Fuel system, Joe Teleca's system CANNOT be beat.

Let the others say what they will, his shit is golden and bolts straight up.

Nick Micale sells a great down pipe, if you want to use a manual adjustable waste gate controller.

I won't get into fitment issues.
I've searched for Joe Telecas Fuel system and I can't find anything on it. Can you send me a link?