WTB aftermarket headers

BoostedB

Still learning
Long shot here, but looking for aftermarket headers with crossover for 87 GN. My stockers are beyond repair. Looking for the stock style, not KB style. Just gauging what is available thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the guidance. I've read posts where both have had their issues over the years. I have no personal experience with either.

Thanks for the guidance. I've read posts where both have had their issues over the years. I have no personal experience with either.
While I have only used the TA replacements I found them to fit perfect. No complaints or issues whatsoever. Mine were purchased and installed in early 2020.

I bought a set of the SE headers and they fit perfect. But the guy I got them from had them for a few years. I have seen two newer sets that had to be modified to fit. Not a cheap modification either. The Ta stock replacement are really nice. Lorenz makes some beautiful stuff as well. But nowhere near stock appearing. Good ,luck

Anyone have issues with the crossover connections leaking on the stock replacements? Is it worth upgrading to v bands?

Mine leaked alittle with a band clamp on the crossover and leaked alot without a clamp. Theres not a ton of room between the frame cradle and oil pan. I ended up welding mine. I mounted both headers and torqued them down and made sure they were in their final position. Then installed the crossover with bolts tightened to their final torque and tack welded the cross over slip joint in 4-5 spots. Removed the crossover and fully welded. Zero leaks with a smoke machine. The welds could be cut with a thin cut-off blade if i ever needed to separate the crossover in the future, simple 10 minute job to cut the welds if needed.

I bought a set of the SE headers and they fit perfect. But the guy I got them from had them for a few years. I have seen two newer sets that had to be modified to fit. Not a cheap modification either. The Ta stock replacement are really nice. Lorenz makes some beautiful stuff as well. But nowhere near stock appearing. Good ,luck
Lorenz sells parts?

Mblum, did you get the stock replacements or v band set up? Any leaks at the ball flange if you went with stock style?

Stock replacements. Zero leaks at the ball flange. I replaced the supplied bolts that attach the crossover with some grade 8 bolts with grade 8 washers, this seemed to make torquing them easier. Getting the ball flange seated before welding the slip joint at the crossover was key. Wasnt hard to do at all, just a few extra minutes and double checking.

I have 2 sets of TA race headers and a newer / recent set of GN1 SE's. The TA headers are top shelf pieces. No BS.
The GN1 headers are decent for the $ but you may need to tweak something. On mine I re-adjusted the angle of the 3 bolt flange (ie.. cut it off and weld it back on). They're fine for a budget build like my kid's station wagon. But for my cars it's either TA or Cruz. The Cruz headers are beautiful.

The GN1 headers have thick flanges and they went together well. Adjustments to the 3 bolt flange may have not been needed if I had a different downpipe to work with, who knows..... haven't run them hard yet but will be using them to race in the spring.