WTB 1978-79 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo

WE2Regal

Looking for 1978 or 1979 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo project car. Running or not. Not looking for a high dollar perfect car, but also not looking for a rust bucket.

Looking for 1978 or 1979 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo project car. Running or not. Not looking for a high dollar perfect car, but also not looking for a rust bucket.
I've got a 1979 Buick Century Turbo Coupe but its not a LeSabre.

Can you give a brief description of condition, price and your location? Thank you.

Condition is completely original and needing a total restoration. Even has the correct turbine wheels, was silver in color. Original paint but its completely gone. Correct hood and rear spoiler. For some reason I think it needs floor pans but I may be wrong, haven't looked at it in years. Its just like this car:
. $5K. I'm in Martinsville, VA

Whether you're interested or not I have a great story and its why I wanted one of these cars. I graduated high school in 1981 and in '81-82 I was living in central Florida and used to race my '57 Chevy at Orlando Speed World in Bithlo. One afternoon I pulled into the pits and beside me was an "old man," probably 55-60 years old - but I was 17. He had one of these, a Century Turbo Coupe but it was maroon in color and had a set of Centerline wheels all around. I'd never seen one before and paid little attention to it until he opened the truck, removed a floor jack and two Centerlines with slicks - and went about installing them. His name was Dick, Dick Griffith. From Michigan. His car ran mid-12s and he was at the track quite a bit. I remember him sandbagging and running in the 13.00 class. Later, after college, I bought a book on "history of Chevrolet Performance." Thumbing through it I got to the section of the turbo Corvair Spyders and standing beside the car was.....Dick Griffith. He was a GM engineer. A couple of years later, after high school, the Buick Grand National came out, I truly believe that car was a factory test mule. Here's what i do: www.autoinstruments.com

Love the turbine wheels on those cars. Too bad their only 14". I bought a stash of parts a few years ago that included an unknown set of NOS Buick center caps. I finally figured out they were for the turbine wheels like your car has. I'll send you a PM to get a phone number for more info. Thanks again.