WS "Holy Shit" vs GN

ZNix

Young-Gun
Let me set the scene: So here I am, cruising the highway with the T-Tops off, minding my own business. It's a beautiful day, probably about 75* or so, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. I'm just sitting back, listening to my favorite country station, 92.9, playing "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice, singing along, horribly I admit.. On this particular stretch of highway, there is only two lanes, and I am cruising about 70 MPH on the right side. Traffic is coming up rather quickly, they must be driving slow. I move over to the left to pass, and then I see it.

A Sunset Orange Metallic (SOM), my favorite color F-Body I might add, is leading the pack of slow-driving traffic. Lovely. I figured this was some old dude going through a mid-life crisis, but whatever, I am not out looking for a race, so I just plow by this car, admiring the beautiful paint as I drive by. When I get to the window, I notice some skinny-ass white boy behind the wheel. We lock stares, and grin. He knows whats going to happen, as do I. I hear him downshift, and this incredibly loud exhaust tone fills my ears and cabin (which had been occupied by the wind and whistling of no roof for the past 10 minutes until then). Great, one of those guys that chops the exhaust off to make it sound good.. What a douche. I downshift to follow. We are rolling at 50 MPH.

He looks at me, I look at him, he gives me the two-finger-signal to take the jump.. I'm like ? Okay you cocky bastard, Ill bite, you probably were going to watch my taillights disappear quick anyways, so whats the point of arguing eh? I hit it, things are going well, I am ahead, as per usual (this Buick is unbeatable!) As much as I thought this car was a slow turd, I still admired them. Beautiful cars. I was watching the car in my side-view mirror, thinking "Man I love that WS... "HOLY SHIT". I hear it, the familiar sound I live with day to day.. The spooling of a turbo. FAHCK (Boston accent), I picked on the wrong car! It's too late now, I am approaching 90 MPH, I lock my toque converter and hold on. Seconds later, I hear the exhaust, it gets closer. Its right on top of me... SHIT, he passed me. 2-3 cars were put on me in no time. Wow, I thought.. I feel like a douche now.. That's what I get for assuming.. I look at his car with my jaw dropped.. Smoke coming from the wheel wells.. Gulp..

I line up with him again, this time rolling about 45-50 MPH again, I didn't get a chance to look. I am about at his rear quarter. I figure, what the hell. Ill try and get the jump on him to see if I can hang a bit better. I nail it, watch as the speedo climbs, higher, higher, 85, 90 LOCK THE CONVERTER! This time it takes him several seconds to pass me, hard, like last time. Well damn.. That car is FAAASSSTTT.

I'd like to thank my friend Sam for the runs! Most of the above was BS, we were hanging out when we decide to head to my house and check our new lift out. He gave me a big hit.. That's what I get for messing with a 140 MPH car hahaha! Great fun, and we will do it again. Maybe next time with a Go-Pro for shits and giggles. Hope you all enjoyed it. (and actually read it).

Zack

Ditch the country & crank some Metallica perhaps creeping death or 2 x 4 .. Bet you'll win next time

Ditch the country & crank some Metallica perhaps creeping death or 2 x 4 .. Bet you'll win next time
LOL, yea I wish it was that easy. I am dealing with a car that traps 140 in the 1/4 while I might trap 118 at my best!

Zack

Good post, I like the attitude, the guys got a supper quick car and it is all good. What's his quarter mile time, what is yours? At 118 you are no slouch.
Joel

Good post, I like the attitude, the guys got a supper quick car and it is all good. What's his quarter mile time, what is yours? At 118 you are no slouch.
Joel
I have never been able to get a good 1/4 mile pass due to traction and tech hassling me. I managed a 91 MPH 1/8th mile at like 8.8 seconds haha. My best 1/4 mile ET was 12.9 at 92, and my best MPH was 13.5 at 115. His car has trapped 9.6 at 146 MPH. It was a fun run between friends. When he got in front of me after the race, and I noticed the tires were smoking, I was like.. Shit man, he was spinning and still reaming me haha.

He has a super quick car, nines is hauling ass.
That must have been something to see those tires glazing as he came by!!! That is big power.
You are under 13 a long bit ahead of me.
Real nice post

He has a super quick car, nines is hauling ass.
That must have been something to see those tires glazing as he came by!!! That is big power.
You are under 13 a long bit ahead of me.
Real nice post
It certainly was a sight! The car is down-right insane. I haven't had a ride in it yet, but I will hopefully soon haha.

Are you keeping your car relatively stock Joel? With the mods you have, I don't doubt you could break into the 12's. If you want my opinion, I would grab a race-gas chip for the track! You leave the car as-is, swap the chip, couple turns on the boost controller and go!

i do plan to stay relativley stock

i am getting adjustable wastegate and i have boost controller

goal right now is to go as quickly as possible on pump gas without spray

17 pounds of boost without knock and i will be happy as a clam

took a bit to clean it up at 12psi

it is a fun car for sure

joel

i do plan to stay relativley stock

i am getting adjustable wastegate and i have boost controller

goal right now is to go as quickly as possible on pump gas without spray

17 pounds of boost without knock and i will be happy as a clam

took a bit to clean it up at 12psi

it is a fun car for sure

joel

Good luck! Keep chipping away. It's going to be fun :D

thank you it has been fun so far. if nothing else this forum has been a blast

ZNix said:
LOL, yea I wish it was that easy. I am dealing with a car that traps 140 in the 1/4 while I might trap 118 at my best!

Zack

If you're dealing with a car that traps 140 he should put about 5 cars on you in about 3 seconds.

unless he is smoking his tires as he is cruising on by

9 seconds is one quick car

joel

Joeld said:
unless he is smoking his tires as he is cruising on by

9 seconds is one quick car

joel

Nope. As he is smoking his tires. Without wheelspin it would be more distance

Nope. As he is smoking his tires. Without wheelspin it would be more distance
He gave me two cars and the hit. Here is a video of his car running at the track. I'll get a video next time for sure.

2 cars and and the hit? He could give you 15 cars and it might be close.

the point is he and his buddy had a good time and he posted it

the key takeaway i had was being passed with a car blazing its tires that sort of thing doesnt happen every day and must have been impressive

joel