Wow!

MCH86GN

I have to say I am a bit surprised that this forum was added. My friend was working at GM and they have a program there were employees sign-up to get certain cars for a week and the idea is to have their family and friends drive it and see if it sparks their interest. Unfortunately he left and went Freescale before he had a chance to the 2011 Turbo Regal. I was patiently waiting. The difference here as opposed to a dealership test drive is you have it over a weekend and you take have taken it to the limit.

Wow!

I can't believe there is no activity in this forum regarding the 2012 Regal GS. The coolest Buick since the GN and no one gives a hoot.:confused:

Wow!

I can't believe there is no activity in this forum regarding the 2012 Regal GS. The coolest Buick since the GN and no one gives a hoot.:confused:

I think there are many reasons why this car is not catching on with the turbo Buick enthusiast, IMO. Perhaps one big reason is sticker price and I could list a lot more.

I went down to a GM dealership and took one of the turbo automatics for a spin. I was not impressed at all at the power these cars produce. Maybe I need to try out the manual? The car itself was nice but the power out of the box is pretty poor.

Well I guess I didnt get the full meal deal with the auto... ill have to head back and test a GS.....

Let me know. I'll post some ideas on what GM could have done differently for this car.

Pretty sure the Opel in Europe it's based off of is AWD and turbo V6? Would have been much more ideal.

Some people are complaining about a $38K Buick. I would imagine an OPC Opel version would set you back about $42K and weigh about 4000#.

I think there are many reasons why this car is not catching on with the turbo Buick enthusiast, IMO. Perhaps one big reason is sticker price and I could list a lot more.

Maybe it's not your cup to tea but can you at least admit that it's a step in the right direction.

The price seems in line with what's out there currently on the market. A loaded Regal Turbo is $33-34K and the GS starts at $35 and change before you start to add in the summer tires and Nav.

Many say the Buick should gone the away along with Oldsmobile, but I think they're making some real nice stuff right now. This isn't the old GM where Buick had to compete against its corporate siblings... they have to compete globally now.

I'd mortgage the house if they'd make a two-door Gran Sport six-speed manual...Although I guess I could have a g-body or w-body converted for less money...

Maybe it's not your cup to tea but can you at least admit that it's a step in the right direction.

The price seems in line with what's out there currently on the market. A loaded Regal Turbo is $33-34K and the GS starts at $35 and change before you start to add in the summer tires and Nav.

Many say the Buick should gone the away along with Oldsmobile, but I think they're making some real nice stuff right now. This isn't the old GM where Buick had to compete against its corporate siblings... they have to compete globally now.

One of the main reasons Buick didn't, according to some here in Detroit, is because of the market in China. Buick is considered a luxury brand there and average age of buyers is in the 30s. Here I do believe it might be in the 50s or 60s. Unfortunately people in the US identify Buick with the elderly. When I tell people I own a Buick, almost the first thing out of their mouth is, aren't Buick's for the elderly?

Drive a bone stock 87 GN with the stock chip and then drive the GS. Performance is about the same.

Wow!

Cause it is grossly overpriced and not even a turbo 6. Ill go buy a Subaru sti and rape this car in every sense of the word.

EDIT: I would modify this a little ...but.. if it looked like this with a turbo/twin turbo beefed up v6 floating around 400 horse for 35 grand...500 horse GNX version for 45....I may have been slightly intrigued :cool: Hey..we can dream right.
1znq3v4.jpg

I liked my 4 door CTSV Caddy. I drove the GS. Lots of car for $35,000. Handles like a Corvette.

About a month ago I drove a 2012 GS with the 6spd, just last week I drove a 87 GN 45K on the clock bone crushing stock... chip and all and the GS was faster. A lot we forget. Put a Trifecta tune on the GS and get around 320 hp and then drive it again