Wow Tta Vin List !!!! Please Look !!!!

Numbers

Jan thank's for doing all this work. All of my numbers are correct 645,650,1010,and 1438.

KenD:)

Jan after having the TTA sit here for the last 20 years, I guess I should find out what # it is. I've never really felt compelled to know, but maybe it will help with the owner's list. Is the build # in the VIN? Let me know how to determine this & I'll give you my info. Oh yeah, it's just a run-of-the mill ttop w/leather version w/286 miles on it. Thanks for your help.

Jan thank's for doing all this work. All of my numbers are correct 645,650,1010,and 1438.

KenD:)

Ken, glad to share my efforts :)

When you say all your numbers are correct do you mean you have all your build numbers verified by PHS and I got them down correct?

ANy help much appreciated as I got a question mark on your number 645 with a note saying PHS verified it to be 644 ...

1010 I got down as verified by PHS so that one is ok but please confirm the other 3 as this really help correcting any mistakes on the list.

Another thing I'm doing is to figure out when our cars where built so if you don't mind sharing the PAS and GM build month/year as printed on the driver door PAS sticker.

Again appreciate any help from all you guys! Will post an updated PDF when I got enough info to sort out some of the problem areas.

Jan after having the TTA sit here for the last 20 years, I guess I should find out what # it is. I've never really felt compelled to know, but maybe it will help with the owner's list. Is the build # in the VIN? Let me know how to determine this & I'll give you my info. Oh yeah, it's just a run-of-the mill ttop w/leather version w/286 miles on it. Thanks for your help.

Michael, wow 286 miles ... yours can really help with some details (photos) for anyone restoring these cars as yours is factory new!

For the build number, these cars were never assigned a build number from the factory but the way this is done is just the order of your VIN within the range of the 1550 VINS (smalles to largest) so if you look at the PDF I posted at the top of this thread you see what I mean. I'm trying to gather as much info I possibly can to properly identify all 1550 cars and got pretty much all of them but still a few problematic areas to sort out so any new cars with new VIN details is very helpful. You can either PM me your VIN or email me jlarsson@london.com and I can see what I possibly got on file for your TTA.

Any help much appreciated adn I would love to see some photos of your as delivered TTA!!!

Regards,
Jan

Jan all of my numbers are from PHS at 35 bucks a pop. If 645 is 644 it's thier mistake not mine. Maybe I can get a 35.00 refund.

Ken

Jan I'll go check the VIN & email you shortly. As for pics, once you've seen a ttop/leather TTA that's void of any of the windshield & door skin decals, you've seen them all! Just kidding. I'll need to move my '85 GN to get some shots of it, but it's pretty much just like all the rest of them. I think I've only got a rear shot of it with my sons standing behind it for now. I've also got a picture of it beside my '87 GN the day it was delivered to us from Myrtle Beach, but I don't have anyway of scanning that image. Thanks for your help & I'll be in touch.

Jan it appears as if our's is #999. Hopefully this will add a little more info to your ongoing list. Thanks for your help.

Jan all of my numbers are from PHS at 35 bucks a pop. If 645 is 644 it's thier mistake not mine. Maybe I can get a 35.00 refund.

Ken

Ken no need to ask for a refund :) 645 looks to me to be 100% correct just got confused as I had a note that PHS said it was 644 ... but as 647 is confirmed by PHS and your 650 as well and the VINs are in sequence 645 looks 100% correct.

Thanks for confirming them all this really helps.

Question your 1438 is a hardtop cloth correct, and the other 3 t-top / leather?

Appreciate the help.

Jan it appears as if our's is #999. Hopefully this will add a little more info to your ongoing list. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Michael, 999 should be pretty accurate as that area of the list looks ok. Thanks for confirming.

Is the car still in North Carolina??

If you do pull it out one of these any pictures would be much appreciated. Low milage cars like yours are a really good source of information for anyone restoring one or trying to put it back to stock.

If you are ever underneath the car, the engine oilpan (on the driver side) have a barcode label on it I would be interested in a really nice straight on photo along with the dimensions of that sticker/label .... I have had many of the factory stickers reproduced for our cars already but never managed to get a good photo of that one to be able to reproduce it.

Best Regards,

Jan

Yes Jan #999 is still in N.C., it's still in the same garage it's been in all it's life, & it's gonna be here until it rusts to the ground. I need to back the motorhome up to get the TTA out of the garage to be able to snap some shots of it. I'll try to get a shot of the barcode for you sometime. Thanks for finally helping me determine by build #.

Numbers

Jan, 1438 is a T-Top cloth car, the others are leather T-Tops.

Ken

#846 Checks out If anyone is interested it is forsale for parts has junk motor, good for parts or resto. $4200 OBO #774 696 3585 THANX KERRY

Nice work Jan. I know keeping up with this is a lot of work. Your list is much more complete than my list ever was.

Keep up the great work!