wow...sad day for GNX #239

I saw this ad before the car has front end damage look at the shadow you can see the bumper support sticking out thats prolly why theres no front end pics smh :(

I saw this ad before the car has front end damage look at the shadow you can see the bumper support sticking out thats prolly why theres no front end pics smh :(
Good eye. Looks like the bumper filler is gone. With any luck...that's it. If I weren't in over my head with my build...I would have X-ray in the truck and headed for Ga.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd put money on that being a theft recovery.

Good price for nice restore project

Not saying you haven't. But for anyone who has never restored a car. Ground up. You will be buried in this car at 30k. Another 30k to restore, to showroom or better. That's if you can do all the work.

You will never run across a deal like this again.

This seems to be a common theme in some ads. "You won't find this part again"...or "You'll never see one like this again"...ect...

How do they know I'll never see one like it again? It's just a BS line used to lure in unsuspecting buyers, and once I see that same old line, I exit stage right in a hurry! It's obvious that they're trying to hype up their product in order to sell(usually for some underlying reason). :rolleyes:

How do they know I'll never see one like it again? It's just a BS line used to lure in unsuspecting buyers, and once I see that same old line, I exit stage right in a hurry! It's obvious that they're trying to hype up their product in order to sell(usually for some underlying reason). :rolleyes:

For someone who NEEDS a GNX an can't afford a $70/80K + for one its a deal. They can fix it up when they want and how they want. Glad someone USED the car for a while !! :cool:

For someone who NEEDS a GNX an can't afford a $70/80K + for one its a deal. They can fix it up when they want and how they want. Glad someone USED the car for a while !! :cool:

I agree it's a good way to get a GNX cheap...but looking at the big picture, is kind of dismal. You buy this for 30K and you have...a tired worn out rare car that will likely not hold it's value after you add all the money it takes to bring it back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd imagine someone who spends this kind of money for a car would like to see a return on their investment...or atleast not lose their ass when it comes time to sell. It sure was used and hopefully enjoyed(or was it...pics show neglect and abuse/carelessness).
Me...I'd bring it up to driver status and enjoy the heck out of it...but you won't see a build thread from me any time soon(or in this lifetime o_O )

Any GNX guys care to put together a ballpark parts and cost list of what it'd take to bring this car back?

Q: If you were shopping and found a nice looking GNX, but also find out it has a past history such as this car, how would that affect the price and your decision to buy it?

I agree it's a good way to get a GNX cheap..

AND thats all someone cares about at the moment to buy it. Look at the threads posted by a lot of hot air cars lately. They pay cheap because every Buick GN made is a instant classic worth millions :p Then they see they are about to throw say $10k into it . Talk about taking a bath !!! Ohhh well beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!

True but if it was insured the repairs would have been covered unless it was totaled out by the insurance company. Hence the salvaged title I mentioned.....thus making it a bad investment

shame... is the only word that comes to mind... what a shame.. some people just don't know how to appreciate something nice when they have it...

It is a shame, 30k isnt a deal. Ive seen GNX's of late go for $40k in very nice shape. No way you put ten grand in that turd and have a gem. Now if you could get it for $15-20k thats another story.