Wow, best paint stripper for almost no $

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
Get an old pot, boil a gallon of water, dump in 1/4 cup of baking soda, drop your painted part in. In less than 15 minutes, it will be stripped.
Maybe not powdercoat but enamel or lacquer, it will float right off. I had no idea, this is too easy.

I'll say something nice at your funeral when the mrs. finds out you used her favorite old pot to make chili in! :ROFLMAO:

Its funny you say that because I have had this pot for about 35 years. It was on a back porch of a condo I rented way back when and it was full of dirt. I kept it all this time as my garage pan for whatever. The non-stick is still peeling off.

Years back, my new girlfriend came over to make me her "famous lasagne", about 3 hrs. later dinner wasn't done. I asked what is taking so long? She said the first batch smelled and tasted funny, so she went back to the store and got more ingredients, she said the second batch tasted/smelled as bad as the first.
When I told her it might be because I was curing powder paint in the oven a few weeks ago....
She made me clean up the glass and lasagne off the floor after she threw the entire pan of it at me!
Then I had to take her out to dinner.
She also didn't find it amusing that my entire bachelor cooking experience was limited to using the microwave oven.
I married her a few years later, and she never allowed me in the kitchen again. That cost me a new oven/range too.
On a positive note, she never asked me to cook, nor do the dishes! Although she did ask if it would be a good idea to buy a new dishwasher too. Ya know, I never thought to use it to clean carburators....
TIMINATOR

When I told her it might be because I was curing powder paint in the oven a few weeks ago...
You did keep it for future powder coating I hope .......... just not in the kitchen !!

Naww, I ordered a Winona Van Norman bake oven for cleaning blocks and heads and also used that with the temp turned down for curing powder paint. I gave the oven to a friend, and he used it for years! The lasagne incident happened in 1999, we were married in 2001, and I had completely forgotten about that incident!
Thanks for the memory John!
TIMINATOR

Years back, my new girlfriend came over to make me her "famous lasagne", about 3 hrs. later dinner wasn't done. I asked what is taking so long? She said the first batch smelled and tasted funny, so she went back to the store and got more ingredients, she said the second batch tasted/smelled as bad as the first.
When I told her it might be because I was curing powder paint in the oven a few weeks ago....
She made me clean up the glass and lasagne off the floor after she threw the entire pan of it at me!
Then I had to take her out to dinner.
She also didn't find it amusing that my entire bachelor cooking experience was limited to using the microwave oven.
I married her a few years later, and she never allowed me in the kitchen again. That cost me a new oven/range too.
On a positive note, she never asked me to cook, nor do the dishes! Although she did ask if it would be a good idea to buy a new dishwasher too. Ya know, I never thought to use it to clean carburators....
TIMINATOR

Awesome! I recently saw a video where they were asking younger guys it they would rather have a wife that was great
in the kitchen or great in bed. All said the kitchen.
Now if she ever asks for a new watch you just say, "Why, there's already a clock on the stove" :ROFLMAO:

That's because millenials and gen/Zers are stupid!
We old guys go out for dinner, then have dessert at home....
TIMINATOR
20211011_065846.jpg