Would like to do one more upgrade before the car goes up for the year.

Black Sunshine

Slacker
Hello, so my GN finally runs the best it has in a couple years. In my excitement, I'd like to throw one more upgrade into it before I put it up at the end of this month or early next. I originally was going to go with a new ceramic crossover pipe, but poston has them on back order till beginning next year. :( I'm looking through the catalog to see what else I can do. The GEN 2 appeals to me, but I'm not sure if it would work with my Casper chip. Also it may seem a bit pricey. I am looking not to spend more than 500-600 between parts and labor. I seen that Remote oil system in my Poston catalog that seems nice and is only $180, also the performance under drive pulley sets for $160 caught my eye as well, but I would only get one or the other. Any thoughts, or recommendations fellow GN people? Thanks in advance. My combo is in my sig.

visit:

if it was me, with those mods already, i would do this one of these next

scanmaster and knock guage

then

alky kit

buickbert

The Alky set does look cool. I thought of that to, but whatever part I get is going to be installed at a shop so that alky kit would take me above the 500-600 range I'm sure. also my Trans is starting to dump and will probably go within the next year or two. That's the main reason why I need to stick to that price range. So the trans will be more affordable if I need to change it next year.

Tranny refreshened

Save them 6 C-notes and use that cash toward freshening up your tranny. But if you have to spend some money get Razor's Meth. kit it will pay for it's self. A fellow Turbo Buick friend Roc87 did the electrical the other stuff is pretty easy. Good instructions.

pulleys

If you was wanting pulleys buy from RJC. Dont buy the underdrive ones.

But if you still want underdrive ones i'll sell you some cheaper than that.

I was thinking about getting those actually. The Alky kit is too pricey for me right now. Would rather do that after I replace the trans. What's the difference between the RJC pulleys, and the pulleys Poston sells performance wise? Sorry if it sounds like a silly ?. I have only known about a handful of vendors in the 6 years I've had the car. :frown:

pulleys

Most of the underdrive pulleys i've seen is heavy like the stock pulley. The one RJC sells is aluminum, alot lighter than stock one. The way i see it the less rotating weight faster it will spool.

Oh ok makes sense. I want the best for my car. Would it make sense to get the set of pulleys so I can save and replace everything at once? I have a modified alternator but that probably doesn't make a difference does it? Another silly ? the pulley set comes with the underdrive one right? Didn't see the word underdrive in the list for the set. :confused:

pulley

you dont want the underdrive ones. it would be cheaper to buy the set all at one time.

A 60lb injector and chip combo from Turbo Tweak is in your price range. The 60s could be the last injector you'll ever buy, and I bet the TT chip is better than the Caspers. Also I'd dump the TPS Tech- gimmick part. JMO.

That sounds cool, but it seems the Turbo Tweak wouldn't work too well with the super lame emission laws I have up here in Indiana.. :frown:

What's the gimmick about the TPS-TEC? Seems to work just fine for me in the couple years I've had it. I don't like to just toss parts unless they are being upgraded. I'm too cheap. Only work at a $8.40/hr job and mainly live off managing credit till I finish collage and hopefully find a real job. lol :rolleyes:

RJC boost controller and a alky set-up. I've got a SMC kit with a new Snow pump and a 1 gallon tank I'll sell for for 200$ + shipping.

Nah I think I'm going to pass on the Alky till I get a new Trans probably next year. About those Pulleys though, I'm confused on why I wouldn't want a underdrive pulley. Doesn't the underdrive one provide more performance? I wonder why they are also cheaper then the regular race design crank pulleys. I'm guessing it's cheaper cause the underdrive one is smaller?