would anyone pay 50k for a TTA?

It's a T-top/leather car, hardly the rarest version of the TTA's.
If it was a hardtop/cloth car or a Fiesta (or something) car, it would be worth more, but not $48k. :eek:
He's nuts.
If it only has 2200 miles, I'm sure it'll bring at least $18-20k, quite possibly more.
S.

With 2200 miles, its worth about $22-$24k. Have not seen any of them go for much more than that. On the low end, I've seen them go for $16-$20k with that mileage. That guy is an idiot to think it would be worth $30k+.

I think they should be worth more, but your average car person does not know much about them. I think in the future, the TR's and especially the TTA's will be worth big bucks. What other cars of the 80's would a collector consider??? $45k?? maybe in 10 more years...

He's fishing...Trying to make back some of what he lost in the stockmarket..

YIKES I WOULD HAVE TO sell this TTA 3 times over to make back what I lost in the market the past 3 years :(

He's dreaming. I got beat down on price bad when I was thinking of selling my TTA. I was asking $25K, and it's a near mint condition 3600 mile cloth/hardtop (rarest combo) car, and I was STILL getting beat down on price down to around the $20K point. I got tired of the lowballers, said to hell with it, and started modding it. Best decision I've ever made ;)

If you had any idea the alternatives that much money could buy in Asia you wouldn't be thinking about putting it on a 15 yr or so old car.

Originally posted by buickgs71
If you had any idea the alternatives that much money could buy in Asia you wouldn't be thinking about putting it on a 15 yr or so old car.

Yeah but if you are married, you can't think about such things or it will drive you crazy.

Back to cars....

If I had a choice between a $400K '71 Hemi cuda convert (one of 14) and a '89 TTA Convert (one of 3) for $48K, I'm pretty sure I'd take the TTA.

20 years from now, the TTA converts will be worth serious dollars.

Originally posted by UNGN
One of the 3 convertibles built might fetch that.

I realize i get lost sometimes---but i didn't realize these things existed!!!!!!!!!!--could you elaborate more?

suppose to be only one that was just posted above BUT you could have your's converted to a conv (thats where the other's came from)
the Hemi conv just went for $1.2 M :eek: (1 of 7 or 10 or somethin like that ) to me converts are worth more than t roof's or a hardtop...lot's of people would disagree with me here...now how about a 66 Shelby GT 350 conv ( 1 of 4 ) for say a cool mil???:D
45k for a TTA???? ya never know... like I have said in other threads it's HIS car an can do whatever he wants ;)

Originally posted by Grumpy

45k for a TTA???? ya never know... like I have said in other threads it's HIS car an can do whatever he wants ;)

Yep... like keep it forever cause he'll never get that LOL....

UNGN...you can still have it done today if you wanted....TTA or Buick....doesn't make it "original":cool: ...I have an "original" 66 Shelby convert ...Shelby himself did 12 "clones" back in 1978... sold for 80K back then...one clone recently sold for $90k...so they have held thier value somewhat..one of the original 4 sold last month at a fla classic car auction for $275k + commision fee's :D
make any sence to ya??

Heck, I traded one of 18 '71 GS455 convert 4spds for a paint job. It's pretty rusty.

Now I'm having second thoughts.