Working on a new product! Seat rail extenders.

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Just finished a prototype set of seat rail extenders. Pretty simple but not something the average guy can make so thinking of offering these. Will move your driver's seat back two full inches. I always hated the way it felt like I was right up on the steering wheel in my GN with power seat and finally decided to do something about it. Simple bolt on design. Won't solve the common problem for real tall guys as the seat will actually sit a 1/4" higher. More for those of us who are girth challenged! Just painted them so no pictures until I do the final installation later in the week. 2" can make all the difference. :eek:

Oh, yeah! Nice! I don't know how many times I got in my car and thought someone moved my seat up an inch or so. Nope, all the way back. :( Anxiously awaiting this product!

Just finished a prototype set of seat rail extenders. Pretty simple but not something the average guy can make so thinking of offering these. Will move your driver's seat back two full inches. I always hated the way it felt like I was right up on the steering wheel in my GN with power seat and finally decided to do something about it. Simple bolt on design. Won't solve the common problem for real tall guys as the seat will actually sit a 1/4" higher. More for those of us who are girth challenged! Just painted them so no pictures until I do the final installation later in the week. 2" can make all the difference. :eek:

Hey Mark, sign me up!

Ray

My seat wont tilt up all the way. Do you sell a fix for it? Too many hard launches i guess.

:rolleyes:Might go with "Get Back TR Seat Rail Extenders" Beatles fan! Felt really secure bolted into the car, haven't tested them for crash resistance since I don't have any crash dummies and not doing it myself. Probably not for the purists as you will see a bit of the front mounting plates but they will be painted black. Only time you would see them would be when the door is open. Ordered some materials to make up a few sets, just have to figure out the pricing on them.

Someone enlighten me on whether the manual seats use the same mounting points on the floor? Would assume they do.

Turned out great! Final install done this afternoon. Will post some pics later on. So nice sitting in the car now. Can't wait to drive it this weekend.

My T had a manual seat and it was way worse than my gn with power seat. I'm only 5'7 and I felt like I got shorted the 2 extra inches in that car. The Power seat car is better

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That's a great idea, Mark! When I finish my turning into a fat boy regime, I'll be giving you a call.......

Next project for you: "Fat Ass seat buns". For those with very wide fat asses! Plant those cheeks on Mark's seat!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last edited:
Another great idea Mark! Great to see new innovative ideas for our cars. Should work for both the manual and power seats too. Too bad about adding height though, at least it's only a 1/4". I've thought about removing the power drivers seat and getting a manual set up so I can shorten them up as much as possible. Nothing like needing a moonroof or T Tops to fit your head out like Harry and the Hendersons! Keep us posted as to when they are available.

Now on the site, can take about a week to get them out depending how many I have made up at the time of ordering. http://buickgn.com/getbackseatextenders.htm Ended up drilling and tapping the holes for the bolts on the brackets and installing them with red loctite before painting. A little extra work to make them but makes it even easier to install. Check out these before and after pictures. Note position of seat belt. The seat is in the far back position in each picture.

Copy_of_myseatentryarea.jpg

getback2.jpg

Now on the site, can take about a week to get them out depending how many I have made up at the time of ordering. http://buickgn.com/getbackseatextenders.htm Ended up drilling and tapping the holes for the bolts on the brackets and installing them with red loctite before painting. A little extra work to make them but makes it even easier to install. Check out these before and after pictures. Note position of seat belt. The seat is in the far back position in each picture.

Copy_of_myseatentryarea.jpg

getback2.jpg

Hey Mark, just now ordered a set, Thanks.

Ray