WORK BRAND NEW Ball Bearing 7268 G4 1,100hp in a Buick 3 Bolt Housing Turbo! $2,250

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
WORK Turbo and RPS are PROUD to offer a BRAND NEW Turbo for those looking to maximize their 3-bolt turbo setup! This turbo uses a .85 AR Buick 3 Bolt turbine housing, and a 4" inlet, 3" outlet Compressor housing.

To quote Reed Partridge, the owner of WORK Turbochargers, he has this to say about this turbo:

"This has our 72mm compressor wheel, and our 9 bladed 76x68mm turbine wheel. This exhaust wheel is produced in Germany and is a full Inconel piece, the compressor wheel, backplate and housing are all made right here in the states. It still uses a special Garrett ball bearing center housing, made in Japan or their Mexico facility. The 9 bladed option makes it ideal for peak flow, low mass and optimal performance in a smaller volute turbine housing, like the 3 bolt Buick.

(This Turbo Includes) Full ball bearing, water cooled and every possible update to make it 100% bad ass. "

This turbo has a price of $2,250 plus shipping, and this price INCLUDES the required water lines and oil feed fitting, which are an almost $200 value.

This turbo is a DIRECT competitor of the Precision Gen 2 CEA 6870 turbo, except this turbo costs a few hundred dollars less.

If you have any questions about this turbo, please call 707 362 6030 or email us at 1987GN@gmail.com

Thank you!
Tyler
www.boostedrps.com

THE NEW TURBOS WILL NOT HAVE THE SANDING/GRIDING MARKS ON THE COMPRESSOR HOUSING THAT THE TURBO HOUSING BELOW HAS.

can you show pics of the water lines and fittings and oil line..Are these in stock or special order? What is the leadtime on getting one? Any black housing pics also-basically what does the finished setup look like? Actuator included??

can you show pics of the water lines and fittings and oil line..Are these in stock or special order? What is the leadtime on getting one? Any black housing pics also-basically what does the finished setup look like? Actuator included??

I'll get pics of the water lines.

In stock but have to be built.

2-3 weeks.

Lemme find pics of the ceramic coating for you.

No actuator.

Ceramic coating on a 4 bolt custom WORK unit..

Attachments

• 20180108_213944.jpg
    20180108_213944.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20180108_214000.jpg
    20180108_214000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
No idea. I think they were just production markings...ya know, marking what has been balanced, or finish machined/etc... that is my guess.

They mean absolutely nothing.

No idea. I think they were just production markings...ya know, marking what has been balanced, or finish machined/etc... that is my guess.

They mean absolutely nothing.
I was hoping it was some kind of flow balancing #s that
I should have done to mine!!

I was hoping it was some kind of flow balancing #s that
I should have done to mine!!

My best guess is that it is simply notes on the wheels as the wheels go through the production process. The turbo in that picture was a one-off custom unit, which is why that wheel has a lot of markings on it, compared to the turbo in the first post. When lots of wheels are made at once, they don't need to keep track of where they are in the production process, since everything is getting the same work done to it in the same order.

If you have a custom piece you are making, with just 1 unit, you'll need to keep track of where you are in it's production life.

That is my best guess based on all the turbos I have seen come from WORK Turbo, who build, machine, balance, etc all of their own turbos in addition to the production units that they modify as well.

So I'm just going to put this out there, but this turbo was on Ron Bailey's car at the Nats, that won his class...

So in case everyone still thinks that the PTE turbo will outperform the WORK unit, unfortunately you will have to look at Ron's trophy for proof that the WORK unit is faster :D

And yes, we are having special pricing on these units, in honor of Ron taking home the win for WORK!

Back to back testing this turbo made 36 more horsepower on our engine combo compared to the pte 6870.... oh and the pte required more wastegate pressure to make the same boost
That is impressive. Thanks for sharing this info.

That is impressive. Thanks for sharing this info.

Those results go to show you that PTE turbos aren't the only turbos that can make some serious power on these Buicks.

Optimizing the wheel and housing selection is key to achieving every ounce of output from your engine. The WORK Turbo exemplifies this.

I wonder where all the nay-sayers are now...

I have an idea what was happening to the 70 turbine to allow the 7268 to make more power. I have managed to get backpressure in check with the 70 turbine in a 3 bolt housing.

Rob your car is awesome, congrats! That car would be crazy with an 8285 turbo, i can see 160 to 170 mph. Cheers

Rob your car is awesome, congrats! That car would be crazy with an 8285 turbo, i can see 160 to 170 mph. Cheers

Ron Bailey's car used the WORK 7268 and made over 30rwhp more than the other PTE 6870, which helped him win his class at the Nats.

Just about any 3 bolt car that is maxed out with their PTE 6870 and limited by class rules, will benefi from this WORK 7268...but don't take my word for it...ask the guy who won his class at Nats...