won't connect to ECM

Larry

I've worked all summer on speedpro- No one around here has one.. Got the bugs out-car now running good.. NOW I can try the program with the transbrake & launch boost control..I was SIKED!! Traveled 40 miles to the track - turned on the computor- hit the f8 key, my last run popped up and FROZE there!?? (that never happened before)-- HIt alt/crtl/delt and got out of there.. From then on- each time I tried- it would go right to FILE!! Hit f2 with the key on and it would tell me no connection to ecm!!?? I've made no changes since my last time out EXCEPT volumetric changes and saved those to a new file..
Its a new gate way lab top- a good one.. I checked all conections - no problems there.. I shut the computor down and started over--- No luck, same thing!!
Put the car back in the box and drove another 40 miles-- frustrated!! What would cause that?? Larry

Thanks for the input.. Before I tried your suggestion- I went into my cc file and deleted programs (ones I designed) that I didn't need and deleted a number of recorded runs that I no longer wanted. I went out to the car and it went right on line!!??
I can't believe over loading was the problem-- I had only 10 different programs in and about 15 runs recorded..Note: I had so many programs because I have been experrimenting and learning how to change the parameters..Could that have been the problem?? Larry

Larry I don’t know if this will help but if the batteries in my laptop are weak I cant communicate with the ECM

Thanks for the low battery tip, but I was running with a/c adapter to the cigarette lighter.. Larry