Wix filters??

SS/GN

I have used wix gold filters forever and had good luck. In the last year or so I ordered the wix select filters for my daily drivers and a fleet of class 6 trucks I work on. They are no longer made in USA and come from all over the place now. So I order a couple Wix gold for my Buicks and one is made in USA and looks the same as all others I have had (51040) and the other is made in China and physically looks different. I don't care if companies ship production off shore to save money but now I am paying premium price for sub par junk. Just passing it on.

Just picked up a 12pak of 51036 wix for the buicks still made in the USA ...see how long it takes to get the foreign stuff

You guys may already know this but Napa Golds are WIX filters.

Shout out Gastonia, NC my former home & home of WIX.

I knew that Wix manufactured Napa Gold & Fleetguard filters in the USA.

Sadly... The last Wix filter I bought, was made in China.

Some of you know the story where companies ship production off shore to save money, and many people thinking...Theoretically it's the same company, buy Realistically it's NOT, sort of like Optima Batteries, or like today's Customer's Service

I went to my local Napa and some on the shelf are Made in USA and others are China. Maybe some will still be made here. Wix/Napa are made by Mann & Hummel. I have moved to Champion labs for my filters now. Made in USA

NAPA premium for my Silverado in the box price about $6.50.
In a cellophane wrapper <$3.00. Same filter.
We use the plastic inline filters for tank vents. NAPA has more than doubled the price in 6 weeks.
$3+ to over $7.
We've seen over a 25% increase in hard parts for the custom stuff we do at the shop.
This shit is absurd.
FJB!

Why does everyone assume the quality will go down just because their made in china? American companies manufacturing there will still have the same quality standards as they do here. Now if the company skimps out then okay quality will go down. BTW have you seen the quality of workers in this country lately...sheesh.

Have you ever seen a product move to China and get better quality?

Just about everything is made there now. It's up to the company. Back in the day made in Japan was a big joke. Once someone shows that Wix filters are inferior to the the US ones then I'll stop using them.

I have gone back to A/C Delco from the dealer. Actually Mopar and Motorcraft are also made by Champion labs in the USA. Why you ask? Well if you buy a $135k COPO Camaro it comes witha blue Delco filter. If you buy a 750 HP crate motor it comes with a blue Delco filter. Same is true for a ZR1,ZL1 and even the CTS-V. When they go to the dealer for there oil changes.......you guessed it the same blue Delco filter. Lets not forget they warranty those engines for 60K. Do you think they would put a filter on that could harm or cause an engine failure? Oh and I can buy the Delco US made cheaper than the China Wix

I just bought a $400+ DELCO fuel pump module for my 02 Burban.
Searched to see if it was made in the USA. Was assured it was. NOT!
China plastered all over the box....:mad:
I spent the extra bucks, as the local Napa guy has stopped selling the generic modules due to come backs.
Out of the box, the seal failed, and part of the overpriced fuel load was spilled on the road.
The solution? Remove the cheap seal and re-use the original seal. No leaks.
We'll see if this one lasts like the original....275,000 mi/20 yrs.

It doesnt matter
None of it does.
Maden8n America seems to be a thing of the past unfortunately.
I have used most of them and it's all good from what I see I change out oil all the time on multiple cars when they are run hard.
On other cars I wrench on usually not a bad result.

It doesnt matter
None of it does.
Maden8n America seems to be a thing of the past unfortunately.
I have used most of them and it's all good from what I see I change out oil all the time on multiple cars when they are run hard.
On other cars I wrench on usually not a bad result.
I have to respectfully disagree. As we buy more off shore stuff it effects our economy and jobs. I have never seen a product go from US made to China and the product got better. I think this is an ongoing battle and we just have to be aware of what we are buying. I have found a made in USA product and will continue with it until that changes(your correct it probably will). I am looking at the K&P billet stuff. I see Ray Barton engines has gone to them exclusively.If given an option I will buy a made in USA filter over China made,especially when the US is $1 cheaper. JMHO

Well i been a Wix guy for years, once my USA case supply runs out and they are only China stuff now i will be going back to Baldwin filters my second choice.

I have to respectfully disagree. As we buy more off shore stuff it effects our economy and jobs. I have never seen a product go from US made to China and the product got better. I think this is an ongoing battle and we just have to be aware of what we are buying. I have found a made in USA product and will continue with it until that changes(your correct it probably will). I am looking at the K&P billet stuff. I see Ray Barton engines has gone to them exclusively.If given an option I will buy a made in USA filter over China made,especially when the US is $1 cheaper. JMHO
I understand that and agree about the economy but......
I was talking about the filters effectiveness😉

Appreciate your input. Here are some filters I stumbled on when looking at my options. All made in USA were my findings
-A/C Delco
-Amsoil
-Fram
-Carquest
-Royal purple
-STP
-Walmart
-Baldwin/Hastings (seems some confusion on these)
-Moroso
We dynoed a few filters a few years ago Wix Racing,Fram HP and a Moroso for our BBC Super stock car. The moroso had the least pressure drop by 5 pounds(hot oil) and 27 Micron rating and this is what we ran forever.

Just passing it on.