Wiring eDash & Scanmaster to new 2.05 Com Port

HighPSI

Staff member
I have been receiving a bunch of calls about how to rewire the Scanmaster & eDash to use the new com port that is available with the 2.05 software upgrade. You will need 3 XFI pins, 2 small and one large. Once you have these, cut the plug off the eDash/Scanmaster cable.

Put a small pin on the red wire and insert into XFI cavity C30 (Blue plug)
Put a small pin on the white wire and insert into XFI cavity C31 (Blue plug)
Put a large pin on the black wire and insert into XFI cavity D12 (Smallest Grey Plug)

To insert a wire into an XFI plug, you will need to push the white release tab out. It will only extend about 1/16". One you have inserted the pins, be sure to relock the white tab.

If you purchased the eDash/Scanmaster from us and would prefer to have me repin it, I will do it free of charge.

how about offering a pigtail that can be added to the fast harness....?

Bob

I thought about that, but the eDash already has a 6" pigtail with a 4pin Deutsch connector on one end and the MetriPack Com plug on the other. I was trying to eliminate a connector. I was also trying to ease any confusion with two identical Com plugs (not that it should matter). Since I was offering to do it for free, this was a cheap and easy fix.

yeah, most guys will probably opt to do it that way. Your offer is certainly appreciated.

A pigtail is just another option, for those who want it.

Bob

Cal, questions/observations. I was confused by your post above when I started to do the wiring. I will delete this post if I've gotten this wrong. I haven't tried to hook this up yet just to be sure.

The C31 plug already has a wire in it to the caspers box. does it go to the ALDL? and does it just need clipped and to be replaced with the white wire? will that mess up the ability to flash the ecu?

Also.. when I look at the wiring I got with the kit... If I use "all" of the wiring, only clipping off the weatherpack, then it's actually the Green wire that should be in C30, black wire in C31. and gray wire is D12.

If I stop at somewhere in the middle of the extension harness, than it's the Green wire in C30 and Black in C31 yes? The red wire is actually the 12v switched power wire.

When I look at the wiring from eDash to Fast ecu connector the wire colors are:

Red > Pink >12v
White >Gray >Black
Green > Green >Red
Black > Black >White

It's weird for sure.

You are correct. The wire going to the aldl can be clipped. That was put in for a future project. It is not the flash wire. I am out of town, but I believe the eDash and the scanmaster have different colors. So I probably have the wrong colors listed fur the edash. I will correct my previous post.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got mine going just fine with the wiring schematics supplied as described above. I do have one issue - wondering if anyone else has seen this. If the eDash is on by itself, it works just fine. When both it and a laptop are connected as the same time, the eDash with lose it's connection and reboot every few minutes or so. It could be a connectivity issue, but I don't think so.

I got mine going just fine with the wiring schematics supplied as described above. I do have one issue - wondering if anyone else has seen this. If the eDash is on by itself, it works just fine. When both it and a laptop are connected as the same time, the eDash with lose it's connection and reboot every few minutes or so. It could be a connectivity issue, but I don't think so.

This might happen if C-Com reads in a large chunk of data at one time from the ECU. Going on line or initially reading a large table (VE, TAF, Spark, etc.) may cause the eDash to timeout while waiting and then restart.. Shouldn't be an issue for the intended use of the eDash. Logging and/or editing of an open table window with C-Com, should co-exist with the eDash just fine.

Ah Lance, that does make sense and seems about right. Yes, you're right, this normally isn't problem just driving around. By the way, it would be great if the eDash had the same sensor calibration feature that the 2.05 does. I understand that that wouldn't be a priority.

We also have them. If you purchased the eDash from us, I will prewire it for free

The E-dash powers up right away and when I communicate with my laptops it will re communicate. But I have not seen it reboot any other time.

The directions say to insert the black wire in D5 and you say to insert it in D12? Which one is correct? Or can you use either one? The green wire to C30 and the gray wire to C31

What I posted is correct. If you have an adaptor harness, there is already a wire in D5 being used.

OK, because I purchased the Xfi 2.0 from you, the D5 spot is already wired and I should use the D12 spot to wire in the e-Dash black wire? The rest of the wires follow instruction sheet. Thanks for your help.

all the ground ports on the D connector (1-3-5-6-8-10-12-15 ) are the same thing except 1 and 6 are high current and need a large pin ..easier to push a pin into an unused hole and D12 is unused