Wiper motor won’t run... kinda....

87we410877

Bought a new wiper motor (twice after buying the three print motor connector) and a used plastic cover with the circuit board. Put it all together, transferred the brushes over, cleaned the grounds, plugged everything in, nothkng.

I have a test light hooked from the ground strap to the firewall. When I turn on the wipers, light comes on but nothkng happens with the motor. Turn wipers off, lights out.

I hooked power directly to the motor plug, and the motor runs. What the ffffffff!!???

Is the test light connected to ground and you are looking for positive to light the light?

Also, do you have the motor mounted back in place? From memory it gets ground through the bolts to the body, so unless it is mounted you won’t complete path for the motor to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the test light connected to ground and you are looking for positive to light the light?

Also, do you have the motor mounted back in place? From memory it gets ground through the bolts to the body, so unless it is mounted you won’t complete path for the motor to operate.

I am grounding the ground strap to the body with the test light. Positive ground confirmed.

By buddy told me if the park switch on the pulse board isn’t set up properly, it won’t run.

I am not sure I am fully understanding your testing method. It sounds like you may be grounding the motor through the test light which could give this problem.

If you haven’t done it already, bolt in in place like you are installing it or use a solid jumper lead to as a ground. I would fully install/bolt it in the car if it were me.

Good luck!!

I am not sure I am fully understanding your testing method. It sounds like you may be grounding the motor through the test light which could give this problem.

If you haven’t done it already, bolt in in place like you are installing it or use a solid jumper lead to as a ground. I would fully install/bolt it in the car if it were me.

Good luck!!

Grounding is not the problem. The unit is grounded.

Your buddy is correct. Cover must be installed and working properly both electronically and mechanically with the detent and arm.

Pulse wiper option or regular wipers?

Your buddy is correct. Cover must be installed and working properly both electronically and mechanically with the detent and arm.

Pulse wiper option or regular wipers?

So that blue arm needs to be in a certain position before you mate the two parts?

And im not sure about pulse or regular. How would i tell?

Pulse wipers are the delay ones, look at the wiper control stalk for the variable delay control.

The arms have to be in the Park position the motor in the off park position so the arm fits the detent properly.

Here's the picture from the manual so you can troubleshoot it better.

20190305_191745.jpg

Pulse wipers are the delay ones, look at the wiper control stalk for the variable delay control.

The arms have to be in the Park position the motor in the off park position so the arm fits the detent properly.

Here's the picture from the manual so you can troubleshoot it better.

View attachment 336433

Thank you!! I’ll be in dallas till next week. Update when I return. Thanks!

Ok so, I repositioned the park switch blue thing and the motor ran. And then we heard a crunching noise and the blue thing was broken off. I feel like I’m missing a piece and returns the switch or something. I don’t know. Here’s some pics of what I have. Please let me know what’s happenening here cuz I need another cover now.

Attachments

• B5D1CAF1-D2A5-44F4-B143-698F7B654860.jpeg
    B5D1CAF1-D2A5-44F4-B143-698F7B654860.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • E9F50F0D-2AF1-4E7B-A126-CF0DD0753CE7.jpeg
    E9F50F0D-2AF1-4E7B-A126-CF0DD0753CE7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
first pic always gets cut off in this awesome website.

Attachments

• 6DDD5D1C-9FF8-487A-B306-E4E76A58CC23.jpeg
    6DDD5D1C-9FF8-487A-B306-E4E76A58CC23.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 2A83812F-AED2-46E9-81C5-97CE0997C09C.jpeg
    2A83812F-AED2-46E9-81C5-97CE0997C09C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31