WindShield washer pump install?

sparko112

Does anyone have a link on a video or something to install the windshield washer pump? It looks tight and confusing. Do you have to pull out the whole windshield wiper assembly to replace the washer pump. There's only a plug & fittings for the hoses. Let me know

SFI Cutlass

Yes pull the whole motor off car there are three bolts holding it to fire wall and i believe theres a clip holding the wash motor. Remove clip and pull motor off.

Sagecoach

Yes pull the whole motor off car there are three bolts holding it to fire wall and i believe theres a clip holding the wash motor. Remove clip and pull motor off.
That bottom bolt is a bitch to remove if the washer motor has an "enclosed" tab on it like the top ones. I've removed quite a few, and some of them have a slotted hole on the bottom so that you can loosen it a turn and slide it out. Check to see if it's slotted before you spend 20 minutes removing the bottom bolt and discover you didn't have to.

dynoman

That bottom bolt is a bitch to remove if the washer motor has an "enclosed" tab on it like the top ones. I've removed quite a few, and some of them have a slotted hole on the bottom so that you can loosen it a turn and slide it out. Check to see if it's slotted before you spend 20 minutes removing the bottom bolt and discover you didn't have to.
All of the rubber mounting grommets are pushed into a slotted leg of the wiper motor housing . The only one that has to stay on the motor is the one with the ground strap attached . The pump just pulls out of the motor cover after removing the small metal clip . It pulls out kinda hard because of a foam gasket around it .
I worked at Delco Products on the PMDP wiper line back in the 80's . There's a good chance I packed that motor .

Sagecoach

All of the rubber mounting grommets are pushed into a slotted leg of the wiper motor housing . The only one that has to stay on the motor is the one with the ground strap attached . The pump just pulls out of the motor cover after removing the small metal clip . It pulls out kinda hard because of a foam gasket around it .
I worked at Delco Products on the PMDP wiper line back in the 80's . There's a good chance I packed that motor .
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to removing the whole wiper motor from the firewall.

sparko112

I noticed, it looks like I gotta take out the relays off the fender to get a socket on the bottom bolt. plus the wiper will probably out of adjustment.

sparko112

sounds like a shitty job, maybe just leave it. Plus there's a line with a fitting in the middle that's right under the washer pump & goes over the powermaster. It's pretty tight just to take the pump off without removing the wiper assembly. That was something with my mechanic did at one time.

Last edited: