window / door weather strip

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
inquiry into peoples best experience with window and door weather stripping kit supplier and install tech ?

NOS is the best but very hard to find and $$$$ ,metro brand seems to be the one everyone likes in the aftermarket world , the roof rails are pretty good , but the problem is with the lower door pieces as they do not have the plastic/vinyl backing on the pegs and they like to pull through, can't think of the other brand that is out there . soft seal were one of the best aftermarket but they have also been discontinued.

At SEMA last year, Fairchild reps noted they are working on door seals that would have the plastic reinforcement embedded in the wide area at the window glass like the original GM did. Last November, the proposed target release date was proposed to be mid to late 2019.

I'll call and ask for an update. You might want to wait a little bit before buying anything.

At SEMA last year, Fairchild reps noted they are working on door seals that would have the plastic reinforcement embedded in the wide area at the window glass like the original GM did. Last November, the proposed target release date was proposed to be mid to late 2019.

I'll call and ask for an update. You might want to wait a little bit before buying anything.
great thanks - give me the word when it comes thanks, kind of urgent living in monsoon florida but hate to invest in aftermarket and then pay again to replace obviously

Have you tried to contact them yet?? They aren’t showing up on their website yet that I can see

Not yet. Fairchild's Buick product listing on their website is pretty weak - only showing four products. They don't show the T-top weatherstripping. the anti-rattle strips are listed twice. They do a lot of stuff but since they are wholesale only there is not much effort placed on website development to list all their products.

My father-in-law used Steele which was very hard & wouldn’t mold into certain spots. I used Soft Seal & had great results.

I bought a complete door kit for the GN from steel. The Door window sweeps were pathetic, I bought a set from Precision and they were extremely close to the originals I pulled off. https://www.prp.com/ they have ad in OPGI catalogs.

I got sidetracked from this thread.

contacted Fairchild today and have great news to share. here is a copy and paste of the reply...

"Anthony,
Great to hear from you!
We’re in final stage of approving the door seals. And they're made in LATEX material same as original OEM’s. Great compression too!
They’re going to be a bit more expensive, however when completed they’ll be the best available with an insert, not as large as the plastic the OEM had, but just a effective eliminating tearing when fastened.
Stay tuned!!!
Best regards,

Mike B.
Senior Account Mgr.
Fairchild Automotive"

to the OP, @bad2bone, it may be worthwhile to wait a bit longer, if you can. these sound promising.:cool:

I got sidetracked from this thread.

contacted Fairchild today and have great news to share. here is a copy and paste of the reply...

"Anthony,
Great to hear from you!
We’re in final stage of approving the door seals. And they're made in LATEX material same as original OEM’s. Great compression too!
They’re going to be a bit more expensive, however when completed they’ll be the best available with an insert, not as large as the plastic the OEM had, but just a effective eliminating tearing when fastened.
Stay tuned!!!
Best regards,

Mike B.
Senior Account Mgr.
Fairchild Automotive"

to the OP, @bad2bone, it may be worthwhile to wait a bit longer, if you can. these sound promising.:cool:
Thanks for the update, this is VERY promising, cannot wait for them to come out!!!!!!!!!