Wilwood Porportioning Valve Correct ?

DMAC

Just changed the rear drums to disk , Anyone know if this is the correct type of adjustable valve ? Does it just go inline ?

Attachments

• Prop_Valve_Mod_Instructions.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • wil-260-11179_ml.jpg
    wil-260-11179_ml.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 88
Just changed the rear drums to disk , Anyone know if this is the correct type of adjustable valve ? Does it just go inline ?

I purchased one from Tobin at Kore 3 for my c6 drum to disc conversion. It was a wilwood, I believe the one you picture can be mounted to the MC as well. Mine looks like this
4868210aa792a5566e8e4d3fc3d016b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the one I have a picture of the best to use for this or should I purchase another that is easier to install ? Is there a need to replace brake lines to get them to work or adapt into these?

You should be able to just remove the residual valve from the stock prop. valve and use the one Geezy pictured to cut only pressure to the rears.

The one you posted looks like it replaces the stock combo. valve and all the lines would have to mate up to it and be mounted where the factory one is located. Just guessing on that can't really see how it works in the picture....

Here's a pic. of what I did with Baer rear discs after modifying (easy) the stock prop. valve.

BaerPropValve2.jpg

Last edited:
Just read the .pdf and it shows how you would modify the stock valve for 4 wheel discs.

I think the easiest way to do it would be to modify the stock valve and then use a simple prop. valve to cut the rears.

The valve you pictured does front and rear and replaces the stock combination assy.

Is the one I have a picture of the best to use for this or should I purchase another that is easier to install ? Is there a need to replace brake lines to get them to work or adapt into these?

Only thing I know about the one you posted is that if you have a wilwood MC you can connect on the side of the MC, I purchased the one Tobin recommended because I was already buying brackets and he know his stuff when it comes to C6 caliper conversions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I correct in thinking the adjustable proportioning valve is an adjustable orifice that limits the flow to the rear brakes so they don't lock up during panic stops, but when the pedal is continually depressed the rear brake pressure rises to full pressure aiding in holding more boost on the line for lower 60' times where as the disc/ disc combo valve limits pressure to the rear brakes maintaining balance when the pedal is held down or do I have this all wrong.

I'm wondering which features the OP is looking for.

Thank you for you input.

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking the adjustable proportioning valve is an adjustable orifice that limits the flow to the rear brakes so they don't lock up during panic stops, but when the pedal is continually depressed the rear brake pressure rises to full pressure aiding in holding more boost on the line for lower 60' times.

Maybe this is only true if the combo valve is completely removed and the front brake lines run directly to the master cylinder and the rear brake lines run through the adjustable proportioning valve?