will you let me race in ths

jetmech

I can only make the aug 21st day at osceola for the Midwest challenge, My cars only illeagal part is the th350 trans, i can put my a/c pump back on if you would let me race in the class to help car count. Let me know, my combo is in my sig. Also if you let me race does the entire a/c system have to be on the car or just the pump. Thanks

I wouldn't think so. Its not up to me though. Its not fair to the rest of the cars that are illegal by one part (it looks like your car has two parts, the compressor and trans). If you are allowed in, why couldn't a 4" Turbo housing guy be let in? Where would you draw the line? See where I'm going with that?

I will be there saturday, if the Powers to Be and fellow ths racers would allow me to join in w/ just the trasmission issue then let me know soon so i can re-install my a/c. If not i will just test and tune. Thanks.

Rich.

If it were me in charge, i would give you a one race pass. Let you race this time but going forward you would have to meet all the rules. And this is under the assumption that the tranny is the SINGLE reason you arent legal. I know others say where do you draw the line. worst case would be to add 100 pounds to you and allow you to race in THS. That would be a show of good faith from the powers that be. you never know til you ask. Seems there were more THS cars at BPG than any other classes including TSM. I could be wrong. As for the 4"/3" turbo cover if that was the issue then I would add 150 to 200 lbs to you, depending on how fast you are.

Thanks for your vote, no just the tranny, (th350) everything in combo is in sig. still stock intercooler and 128k on pistons and crank. the best is has done is 11.23. Turbo is just a 61 w/ 3in inlet.

I will be there saturday, if the Powers to Be and fellow ths racers would allow me to join in w/ just the trasmission issue then let me know soon so i can re-install my a/c. If not i will just test and tune. Thanks.

Rich.

Rich, I know you asked about this last year also but the trans rule kinda is a
cornerstone of the class along with the factory rear end and factory engine block. I am sure other racerswho have spent money and time switching their cars around will feel you should have too. Is there any way we can talk you into making the change and being ready for the 2011 MWBC?

Take care, Kip

I hear ya on the rules, i was just thinking if you need an extra car for car count i would put the a/c back on. I respect your rules, maybe in the future i will have my 200r4 rebuilt and put it back in and join the class. See on the 21st. I will be test and tune and watching the heads up classes.

Once again great attitude. Get that 200 fixed up, back in the car and come join the fun. Stop by and say hi while we aew there.

See ya, Kip

I hear ya on the rules, i was just thinking if you need an extra car for car count i would put the a/c back on. I respect your rules, maybe in the future i will have my 200r4 rebuilt and put it back in and join the class. See on the 21st. I will be test and tune and watching the heads up classes.

If you were close to the Cincinnati area I'd let you borrow my 200 for the race since I'm not racing up there (saving money to get my old engine together.)

If you were close to the Cincinnati area I'd let you borrow my 200 for the race since I'm not racing up there (saving money to get my old engine together.)

Thanks for the offer. Now that is class. See you guys on the 21st.:biggrin: