image.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 199
If it helps, this is my THDP. This was done somewhere around 1999 when thee was nothing rare about the pipes. All you had to do was come up with about $400 to buy one.

I don't recall the exact date but it was right as he was phasing out the mild steel version and only selling stainless. There was a $50 price difference between the two pipes and this one was on sale for $50 off at the time from PTE so I pulled the trigger. (oddly enough the PTE-44 was more expensive from PTE so I bought it from Mike back when it was called Modern Muscle)

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/downpipes/THDP.html

Here's what the other 3" pipe looks like. I bought it from Modern Musclecar on the fifth of may in the year of our Lord 1999. It's the other version. It is for,as the invoice says,(Aftermarket Headers). Notice how it takes a straight path from the turbo toward the passenger fender,then turns toward the rear of the car. This allows it to clear the separate crossover pipe that brings the exhaust gasses,from the drivers side head,to the turbo.
DSC00793.JPG DSC00703.JPG

Here's what the other 3" pipe looks like. I bought it from Modern Musclecar on the fifth of may in the year of our Lord 1999. It's the other version. It is for,as the invoice says,(Aftermarket Headers). Notice how it takes a straight path from the turbo toward the passenger fender,then turns toward the rear of the car. This allows it to clear the separate crossover pipe that brings the exhaust gasses,from the drivers side head,to the turbo.
View attachment 274466 View attachment 274467

It's the other version of what??

What brand is it??

Do you also have the provision on the header for an external wastegate??

I have that exact same one and was wondering what the heck it is. I've been told ATR or THD.

It's the other version of what?.
There was a Terry Houston 3" downpipe for stock headers and we've seen pictures of it in this thread. My Terry Houston 3" downpipe,as shown in my pictures,is the other 3" Terry Houston downpipe he made for aftermarket headers.

Do you also have the provision on the header for an external wastegate??.
No.

I have that exact same one and was wondering what the heck it is. I've been told ATR or THD.
It's the Terry Houston downpipe that was offered to people who had ATR,Kenne-Bell, or Hooker headers. I have Kenne-Bell.

There was a Terry Houston 3" downpipe for stock headers and we've seen pictures of it in this thread. My Terry Houston 3" downpipe,as shown in my pictures,is the other 3" Terry Houston downpipe he made for aftermarket headers.

No.

It's the Terry Houston downpipe that was offered to people who had ATR,Kenne-Bell, or Hooker headers. I have Kenne-Bell.

Thanks, I now know what the heck I have.(y)

Not that it makes my car any faster! :D

Now if I can nail down which headers I have. I'm almost positive they are ATR. They have a provision for an external gate which is nice.

Good bump. Maybe its just me but it seems like every other downpipe being sold on this board is being touted as a "THDP." :wacky: The guys who actually have the real deal usually aren't so quick to sell.

I guess I'm lucky to have a real TH DP on my car. Did'nt realize they were that sought after. Guess I'll never sell it.

That Why I bumped it ,there are some for sale now that I question.I think ill get a couple closer pics of the 3 "up
34620073722_b4c8d1ccc5_b.jpg

33973546613_56221644f8_b.jpg

33973546203_aed5bb3657_b.jpg

33940457734_8f9e5dbc77_b.jpg

Last edited:
This has been one of my favorite threads on this forum for a long time. I love the investigation side of down pipes lol.

Also the ta downpipe and dump and rjc downpipe and dump?? In the market just so many pros and cons

Last edited: