Will the REAL THDP get Revealed !!!!

I was very lucky to find and put a very nice 3in THDP on my Stock TB, bar none the best fitting and best bang for the buck I could have ever spent , I could feel instant power from the old stock dp . I have ATR dp and headers on my other TB and they are 1st class parts also IMOP . It is a shame they are out of business , I am just glad to find what I have and use it because I am not going the China way .

Bowling Green Customs had a funky cast iron elbow and 3" down pipe. I don't know how well it performed over stock or how well it fit.

Bowling Green Customs had a funky cast iron elbow and 3" down pipe. I don't know how well it performed over stock or how well it fit.
I had one of those and sold it... was nice you could not modify the shield with it,stainless was high quality had some puck sticking issues and gasket sealing was a challenge

Made my own DP, fits perfect for around $250.00 or maybe a little less.
That includes paying a professional fabricator to weld it up at MY markings MY cuts ONLY Tig-in.

Here's a pic. of the flange from a Mease downpipe, I think it's just as good as the THDP.

Thicker flange, I'll see if I can get some better pics. of the bends etc. It's shorter than a THDP so you don't have to cut it down to use a normal length test pipe or cat.

Are all Terry Houston downpipe made from stainless or did they come mild steel also. I am talking about a 3 inch pipe. Mine I was told from the previous owner to be a real Terry Houston down pipe. He bought it about 15 years ago. What can you tell from the pics. Thanks

Picture

Attachments

• 1434904531356.jpg
    1434904531356.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 324
TH 3" pipes were available in mild steel as well. There is 2 different versions of the 3" for stock headers, the bends from the control arm down were slightly changed through the years.

Same thing with Poston, I still have a 3" poston in my garage that bolts up to a stock ported elbow..

Can anyone tell if the pics I posted is in fact a thdp.

Mine is not that rusty, but the shape is the same as yours. It looks like a real mild steel THDP.

The Picture of the 3" Flange in the OP isn't what THDP mild steel flanges looked like in the 1990s.

Material is removed between the bolt holes, similar to yours.

Last edited:
There is a lot of great information on this page.

It is much appreciated.

Now, I have seen TH 3” and 3.5” downpipes for sale with the indented flange, that wraps around the bolt holes, as opposed to the the flange with the straight lines all around like presented in this top left pic which is a Terry Houston.

So my question is. Did Terry make flanges that wrapped around the bolt holes or are all his flanges wider and have straight lines all around like the top left pic?

D

These are some pics I took from online as examples.
The top right and bottom pic may or may not be TH downpipes.
The top left is a Terry Houston.

th 1.jpg

Here are pictures of the 4" stainless steel downpipe which Brian Cotton made for my car. There's no flange because it's held on the turbo with a v-band clamp.
Claude. :)
photo copie 8.JPG
DSCN4815.JPG
DSCN4816.JPG

DSCN4815.JPG
DSCN4816.JPG

Last edited: