will putting a sprag in my spragless convert lower heat

What's stronger a diode or HD sprag?

Does one make it run cooler over the other in a street car?

A mechanical diode is typically stronger than a sprag.

As far as cooling better, I would think they are equal as they perform the same function.

What's stronger a diode or HD sprag?

Does one make it run cooler over the other in a street car?
Rob's answer is spot on. A mechanical diode will not fit in many stators though. I use one in my Pro Billet 9" Diode Converter.

whats involved with adding a sprag or a diode in a existing ptc 17 blade non lock convertor..

whats involved with adding a sprag or a diode in a existing ptc 17 blade non lock convertor..

I called PTC to add a sprag to my converter and its $250 plus shipping. I don't know if a diode can be done I'm going to call today. Problem I have is now I have 1250 in a converter total. Thinking of selling mine and going a different route.

Well 300 for the diode and 200 to freshen it up... Anyone want to buy a converter? Lol

Well 300 for the diode and 200 to freshen it up... Anyone want to buy a converter? Lol

You should have no problem selling it.
Plenty of people still like the PTC. That is until they have to live with it on the street. :LOL:

Someone who runs at the track would be happy to have it.

You should have no problem selling it.
Plenty of people still like the PTC. That is until they have to live with it on the street. :LOL:

Someone who runs at the track would be happy to have it.

I heard you're building a track car lollol

I have a sprag in my car due to Dusty's recommendation. Car is 70/30 street/track, car cruises great on long hauls, can't tell a difference between it and my uncles that still has a LU in it, except mine performs much better at the track.

Also, anything over 220* with standard dex 3 you start burning up the additives in it and it won't come back when it cools back off. If you're running dex 3....

I agree with Dave. If it's a street driven car DO NOT bypass the cooler in the radiator.
The water typically in the radiator is less than 190* so you are in essence cooling your trans fluid down to 190 then passing through your auxiliary cooler will drop it further.
This is what I have found works the best.
The water in the cold side of the radiator needs to be much lower than 190*. Like as cool as possible or cool enough to be able effectively cool the transmission oil. This is why proper fans are so important if you have a cooling issue. It's not all about the engine coolant temp.