Wideband Air

Gene Van Horn

image.jpeg
YI got this wideband gauge when i bought this car. Already had downpipe with the hole in it. The gauge came with cable and plug so i bought the senser and put it in the downpipe,plugged it into the gauge and im off and running. My question is what is this gauge measuring? It stays around 15 when im cruising down the road. Is this correct,also i think ive read some posts about wideband being read thru their powerlogger? Any help much appreciated. Than Gene.

that's gauge shows your air to fuel ratio. the factory set up used a narrowband sensor which is less accurate than the wideband sensor. the wideband also has a wider range of potential air to fuel ratio (afr) readings. I had that same gauge in my car and I loved it. Just be sure you choose your right stoich number, 14.6 or 14.7, if you're on regular gas like 93. if I recall right thatll place the green/yellow/red LEDs on the top of the gauge more accurately. and those LEDs represent rich/lean conditions. rich would be green, lean red. 15:1 is a very lean a/f ratio, but if you're just cruising you should be okay with it. I believe mine is closer to 14:1. but I haven't driven my car in about a month or so so my memory may be off. I'm not too sure on how you would log it through the powerlogger, however that'd be a very useful reading to have you're trying to tune the car. hopefully some of that helped.

Giancarlo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. That does help alot. Tommorow ill get into some boost and see where it goes. I really dont know how to adjust any, i will call the tuner guy and possibly he will help me get it to 14 instead of 15, once again thanks,Gene

Thank you for the info. That does help alot. Tommorow ill get into some boost and see where it goes. I really dont know how to adjust any, i will call the tuner guy and possibly he will help me get it to 14 instead of 15, once again thanks,Gene

no problem! get in contact with TurboBob on here, he knows his stuff for sure and can help you out a ton. Tell him your combo and goals and he'll lead you in the right direction and tell you what kind of numbers you should be seeing at a warm idle, 1st/2nd gear WOT, 3rd/4th gear WOT and cruising. and if you have his chip he can help you make the changes yourself for each one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if cruising 15:1 is fine. It should bounce around anyway [13.5-15:1] when normal driving.... under boost the number should go down.... depending on your tune and boost level... lower boost... Maybe 12.5:1.... higher boost with Alky ... i like to see mine around 10.8:1 . When you let off the gas after boost it will shoot up to 18-20:1 AFR. Totally normal.

WBO2 is an enormous tuning aid - and well worth the price.

-aaron

Thanks royal, thats where mine is. Tommorow im gonna check it boosting, im running 22 pounds and when im into it i dont like looking away to long, plus i have a hood mounted fuel gauge so i like to keep an i on that. My car runs great, but im gonna start figuring out what all these things i bought accually do. Ive had this car for 15 years,had engine done twice,wrecked one and bought a roller switched everything over, now im gonna figure out these things. Appreciate the responce,best regards,Gene