Jay Carter street chip not sure about timing:
AF 04
L8 32
Int 132-121
BL 155 :eek:
rpm 825-850
TPS .46
IAC 16

With the JL chip cruising at 2000 rpm bls are around 132 step on the gas even a little and they quickly go up to 150.Come to a stop with bls around 132 and they slowly climb to 150.No matter where fp is at 35-55 psi:eek: at idle bls stay at 150.I have went over the vac. lines up and down,down and up, side to side and can find NO LEAK!!! PCV is correct AC.
With JC chip Bls will go to 160 under the same circumstances as above :eek: WHY????
Joe told me one time that sometimes people go numbers crazy and as long as the car is running ok leave it alone.It does smell rich at idle and will sometimes leave a small trail of rich smoke under med to hard acceleration.But only with street gas.
Get the usual kr with junk 93 oct, car just doesn't like it.With race gas (108 oct) and changing nothing else, I can run 20 psi no problem with 0 kr 02's 750-820.I checked charcoal canister for leaks and found none,sealed around vac block.Just wondering if vac brake booster is having anything to do with it?
Sorry so long just looking for answers.

Not to sound stupid but how do I tell the x counts?By watching at idle on sm?What am I looking for?
It's fairly new AC heated but that doesn't mean anything.

check your ENTIRE intake. anywhere air can get in AFTER maf can throw off BLM'S. your tps setting is higher than what i like to set mine at( mine set .40-.44). check ALL of the one way check valves in vacuum system, check EGR valve and soleniod. look for exhaust leaks BEFORE o2 sensor. may want to verify correct operation of MAF sensor(got any buick buddies with a known good one?) what condition are your injectors in? not familar with dual pump systems but could secondary pump be "stuck" on-just a thought.

Get a can or 2 of top engine cleaner from your GM parts place and run it through. It will smoke like a chimney, so do this in a well ventilated area. Any exhaust leaks (usually why BLM's are high) will puff out smoke. If no leaks are found, check all your vacuum lines and change any suspect ones.

I sealed all the way around the vacuum block with clear rtv but it hasn't seemed to make a difference.Can the gasket leak on the inside of the vacuum block from 1 side to the other?

update

Well the check valve at the charcoal canister was bad,I blocked off that line until I'm able to get the check valve (tomorrow).Now,the bl's are around 128-134 as soon as I start the car instead of 150.But they slowly climb back to 150??? If I touch the gas at idle bl's go to 128 then right back to 150 when I let off.I used carb cleaner and can't find a vacuum leak anywhere else.I'm gonna check crossover pipe for leaks tomorrow.Since it is now ok at start up could it be the O2 as suggested earlier.

You still have a leak. Yes blipping the throttle they come down, but if theyre going to 150..its a leak. Period. And yes its still bad.

I have never found them using carb cleaner on a Buick personally..I've used propane..and not found it that way either. Only way has been replacing gaskets, a bit of luck, and being really meticulous with the details.

Ive done plenty of BLM posts.. the recipe that has worked for over half a dozen tough cars..I have posted. Do some searching on this board.. procedure is pretty well documented.

Lastly..better check your oil and make sure it doesnt smell like gas. When BLM's are at 150, the ecm is dropping fuel into your motor, cuasing washdown, cuasing your oil to get messed up. Smell it, it should not smell like gas, if it does replace it frequently till you've fixed your car.. dont race until the blm's are at 124-132 AT IDLE in park. If you do hammer on it, you'll pop it.

Cant tell you the blown HG's i've seen on these cars..cuase of this reason. They come in with a just replaced the Head Gasket popped..dunno why.. its been running fine.. go to the scanmaster.. BLM's at 150..

My ttype is the same way.........150s in the BLMs at idle or cruising on the highway, let off they go back to normal, get back on the throttle and they peg at 150. This is with a TurboTweak Chip. Needless to say I have checked a lot of things, but its just getting so cold here that I dont want to touch it. Is there anything else I can check besides what you guys have already mentioned? My oil doesnt smell like fuel. Im pretty sure I dont have any vac leaks, all my lines have been replaced in the last 6 months. However, these check valves Im worried about. Where can I get these? And, which way do they go? Ive never figured that one out. Thanks in advance.

It would help if you could be more specific about your BLM values. There are 16 distinct BLM values and an ALDL reading scantool cannot tell you which one is which, only report the current one.

You say it goes to 150 when you step on it and back to "normal" when you let off. That sounds odd.

Forgive me for telling you this if you already know it but the BLM matrix is a grid like this

More RPM ---->

M 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
A 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
F 8 | 9 | 10| 11
| 12| 13 | 14| 15

At idle your are in a low flow low RPM cell like 0 or 1, Note what the scan tool says at idle.

When you step on it more than about 1/3 you are in cell 15 whose boundaries are ~2000 RPM and ~30 g/s.

If you have a typical vacuum leak, it will throw off the idle cells while the higher flow BLMs won't really be affected. The idle BLM will go up because the O2 sensor sees all the leaked air that the MAF missed. If your high flow BLM #'s look high but the idle looks good it sounds like fuel pressure problem, blocked filter, dead pump, etc.

There is no acceptable reason for a chip to always wind up at 100 or 150 all the time. It could be as simple as the wrong injector constant or a strange air intake system that throws one end of the MAF calibration table off.

Hey BJM I appreciate the reply but you've got it backwards...it goes to 128 when I step on it at idle then to 150 when I let off

If you BLM at idle, is 150..your hosed.

Go fix the leak.

Cheers.

Can it be any simpler ;)