Why so many rules

cooled85T

Empty Pockets
Ive never raced in this class so maybe I'm a dick for commenting but why all the finite rules? Seems there's always a push to try to get car counts at these races but then there's dumb rules like stock exit exhaust and retaining stock fender skirts. Limiting factors are tires/turbo/weight so why with all the extra rules that may hold some cars out? Not trying to be an ass I'm just curious

The class was established in 2002 and has evolved over the years by the racers themselves. Some things have changed for the better and some things for the worse. The top record setter has still not utilized all the items and rules at their disposal. If we had 50 participants in the class there would be no one on the outside asking for rule changes, I bet there would be people building the car to fit the class. I would like to see more people in the class for sure, but I will not change the rules to get 1 or 2 cars in and never have them show up for the class. I care greatly about TSM and the simple answer is, if you are trying to fit in the class, look at the rules and determine where you want to fit. There is a class for everyone at BG.

I would be interested in running the class also, but I am running Qa1 coilovers mounted in the stock location. I see in the rules it says no coilovers. If that rule is ever changed I will definitely come out and run the class.

I would be interested in running the class also, but I am running Qa1 coilovers mounted in the stock location. I see in the rules it says no coilovers. If that rule is ever changed I will definitely come out and run the class.

Same here, Im not sure what class I could compete in due to the coil over rules. Is TSO the only option?