Why do turbo regale defy 1/4 mile calculators

buddy

I'm looking at these 1/4 mile calculators where you punch in weight and horsepower and it estimates your 1/4 mile. It looks to be pretty accurate with some other vehicles I've owned but with the turbo buicks they seem to be a lot quicker than they should. For instance with a weight of 3400 lbs it looks like my car would need maybe 450 hp at the flywheel to run high 11's but it seems achievable with what I have which is somewhere around 350 hp?
What do you guys think.

I'm looking at these 1/4 mile calculators where you punch in weight and horsepower and it estimates your 1/4 mile. It looks to be pretty accurate with some other vehicles I've owned but with the turbo buicks they seem to be a lot quicker than they should. For instance with a weight of 3400 lbs it looks like my car would need maybe 450 hp at the flywheel to run high 11's but it seems achievable with what I have which is somewhere around 350 hp?
What do you guys think.

Where do you find this calculator at I’m interested to play with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google for one.....
What do you guys think.

Wishful thinking on your part???:rolleyes:

What do you guys think.

The actual correlation exploited by those formulae is between trap speed and horsepower. The ET is a rough estimate.

We're generally faster (ET) than we should be because of the turbocharger filling in the torque curve at lower speeds. We get more done at the front end of the track than similar cars. But if you play with the calculator that spits out HP based on the trap speed, you'll find we're usually right where we should be.

So figure my car runs 12.0?
Ta49 turbo
Front mount
Alky
25 lbs boost
Drag radials
2800 converter
60 lb injectors
Warbro 255
All the goodies
What ballpark of horsepower and torque am I looking at the flywheel?

Ta49 turbo
Front mount
Alky
25 lbs boost
Drag radials
2800 converter
60 lb injectors
Warbro 255
All the goodies

You posted a bunch of information that's not useful, and left out the two things that are: weight and trap speed. If you know those, the HP calculators are surprisingly accurate.

My car ran 12.8 @ 108mph at 3558lbs. Using the formulas against the trap speed, it's 349.8hp. But going against my ET? Just 335.

But ET has a lot of stuff baked in that has nothing to do with horsepower, like the 60'. I had a really crappy 2.2 second 60' on that run because I wasn't running drag radials and I suck at drag racing as a driver, so that factor messes with the formula.

Horsepower is a calculated value itself. Engine speed has more to do with hp than mass flow. 80lbs/min 5600rpm and 80lbs/min 6800rpm. Which ones quicker most of time? Which one is more horsepower every time?
Any calculator that uses this calculated value in it will have error either way depending on the engine

Ta49 turbo
Front mount
Alky
25 lbs boost
Drag radials
2800 converter
60 lb injectors
Warbro 255
All the goodies

320hp/400tq
34-35lbs/min of air
Also assuming 109-110mph and 3600lbs