Why do I have oil here ?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I just replaced the PCV valve ( It would rattle when you shook it ) less that 100 miles ago and it has oil all around the vacuum hose . Thoughts ?
IMG_1481.jpg

Turbo Keith- my new PCV valve has roughly about 200 miles on it and it is doing the exact same thing.

It looks like the manifold is leaking under boost forcing oil out that has migrated up from the PCV valve.
I have been getting knock and its been driving me crazy and we haven't found it yet but today when I carried her out she made a whistle sound under boost . Not that whistle that we like to hear but a different whistle

If you don't install a catch can, I would suggest getting a brass one way check valve, like the one Kirban used to sell.
Your detonation is coming from oil that's soaked the t-body, vacuum distribution block, upper plenum and the entire intake. Under load and boost the rattle ball stock type pcv does not seal and let's oil coat the entire upper half. That oil residue is the dead give away. That and detonation out of no where that continues to get worse and worse. Maybe someone can chime in with a source for this brass check valve. I ran one on all of my other cars with great success. In the meantime, here's the link from Kirban's site. https://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/133/PCV+IN-LINE+CHECK+VALVE+#6769.html
If it's not addressed soon, you're going to have to either take the upper plenum off and thoroughly clean the t-body, upper plenum and intake, or else sea foam green it.
No matter what, the upper half needs to be cleaned before it gets worse.

If you don't install a catch can, I would suggest getting a brass one way check valve, like the one Kirban used to sell.
Your detonation is coming from oil that's soaked the t-body, vacuum distribution block, upper plenum and the entire intake. Under load and boost the rattle ball stock type pcv does not seal and let's oil coat the entire upper half. That oil residue is the dead give away. That and detonation out of no where that continues to get worse and worse. Maybe someone can chime in with a source for this brass check valve. I ran one on all of my other cars with great success. In the meantime, here's the link from Kirban's site. https://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/133/PCV+IN-LINE+CHECK+VALVE+#6769.html
If it's not addressed soon, you're going to have to either take the upper plenum off and thoroughly clean the t-body, upper plenum and intake, or else sea foam green it.
No matter what, the upper half needs to be cleaned before it gets worse.
I'm sending you a PM

I agree with RUQWKNF however that is an older design that I believe was made my Pete Tomka and is no longer available. This is the unit RJC makes and Kirbans also sells. The newer design has a lower crack pressure and does not mess with the BLM #s.

http://rjcracing.com/product/rjc-pcv/

I would check shaft play, that may explain your new whistle sound also.

Check the rubber line, gasket on vac block and screw for clean secure seal. When removed clean all surfaces with a good solvent like brake cleaner before reinstalling. Could be simply a small split or hole in rubber line thats spraying oil under boost

I have been getting knock and its been driving me crazy and we haven't found it yet but today when I carried her out she made a whistle sound under boost . Not that whistle that we like to hear but a different whistle

Does it always whistle when you go into boost? Is it a high pitched, siren like, sound?

It just started the high pitch whistle yesterday and that when I noticed the oil , I had thought a vacuum line had come off .

I had a similar experience, only my whistle sounded like a kids bicycle siren and would increase with the amount of boost. What I found was a plastic piece of the stock MAF broke off and went through the turbo bending one of the compressor fins. I hope your noise is just a vacuum leak.
yup.gif

I had a similar experience, only my whistle sounded like a kids bicycle siren and would increase with the amount of boost. What I found was a plastic piece of the stock MAF broke off and went through the turbo bending one of the compressor fins. I hope your noise is just a vacuum leak.
yup.gif
Man I hope so to

I'm bout to pull the pcv vac line off and clean it really good and see if that's my problem . I may cap both lines and see if the whistle continues .

Hello Guys , I capped the PCV and capped the line that goes into the vacuum block and that stopped the whistle , Probably gonna get one from RJC and hope that will solve my problem . Thank you Guys for the help .

Do a catch can as well. No downsides to it.

Was going to ask what catch can you recommend, but see there are already a lot of posts. I have an Elite engineering on another vehicle and like it, but it is a little pricey - guess that is a downside.