Who's ready for some 3800 power?!

These are some quick pics I took of the install tonight. Install was not hard at all. More to come!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 388
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 410
fire up and initial testing of the whole system will be in the next few days I suppose/ every hard part has been built , so working out all the little "bugs" will be next. we are very happy with how its all come out thus far

You guys burn some rubber with this thing yet?

At the same time of doing all the engine work I've been restoring the car at the same time so I've been going back and forth with blue interior samples to finish interior. ( hard with blue interior). Working on the initial base tune with John at intense. To make the 98 PCM the best it can be. 3 bar map ect. More info and pics to come this week!!

I'd say that you succeeded in making it look like it belongs under the hood. It would fool a few that never seen under the hood of a TR before, great job!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looking like a stock-ish 3.8 more everyday !
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 239
Machined stock balancer/ no gm pulley but not Gn
did you have any pictures of what you did on the damper, is it a l67 damper. just wondering what you did to make it work and run true. great progress and looks awesome.

thanks

No not a l67 balancer. Na. Had a machine shop machine it down and make a puck/ adaptor for the pulley. Might make a run of the adapters if demand is there after testing. This is the only pic on my phone.

Last edited:
Thanks, I see what you did. so you are using a longer center bolt to hold everything together along with the two outside bolts adaptor to balancer. I was looking at both L67 and NA balancers. took apart the L67 down to just a hub with the offset weight attached, I am looking at a lot of machining time$$$ so wanted to explore other options first.

Been really busy of late but. It's up and running! Runs great! Pulley system works great just working out some tuning issues a few tweaks and making sure we have no leaks etc. just about every thing on the engine is fabbed. It's is coming along good. Just need some time and money to throw at it. Ordering a new interior kit for it this month. Updates will be coming soon, this is a priority.

Been really busy of late but. It's up and running! Runs great! Pulley system works great just working out some tuning issues a few tweaks and making sure we have no leaks etc. just about every thing on the engine is fabbed. It's is coming along good. Just need some time and money to throw at it. Ordering a new interior kit for it this month. Updates will be coming soon, this is a priority.
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. Just curious, have you kept a record of the cost for this project. Minus the cost of the interior/exterior work that needed to be done.

I have kept most receipts , There is many ways to do this project. This project wouldnt cost but a small bit more than doing a LS1 project. They make all kinds of cheap ebay headers for a ls1 but nothing like what I did. To me the headers ,intake and accessories adaptors is the real defining difference with my project. You can buy a wiring/pcm motor and trans out of a 98 -2002 camaro for a cheap price. All depends on how you want to do it. Me and cam are talking soon to see if some people are interested in the parts.

Back at the 3800. Runs great but needs a tune bad so working on getting it to the dyno and ordered a interior for it also. It's going to fly.

That thing's gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see what #'s you're able to coax out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk