Who wants money!!!!!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
May possibly need someone to help me get this piece of shit started. I’ve done a damn E65 swap, new turbo, spliced in a damn boost controller and piece of shit won’t start!!! I’ve troubleshot every damn thing on it. I’m ready to roll it off a cliff—what the EFFFF!

Lets step back and look at what you changed between now and when it last ran. It needs fuel(e85), spark(at the correct time), and compression. Might need to go backwards a bit to get it back to running. A lot of changes at once can cause probs.

I would start with fuel.

Does the pump seem to run? Do you have a gauge on it to see it is producing pressure? Noid Light to see that the injector is getting a pulse and pull a plug after you crank it over and see the plug is wet with the fuel. If not possibly the crank sensor. You can get down under there with a meter, unplug it and with the meter on ohms see if the sensor is sending the pulse. It will open and close the thing as the engine is crunk over. A helper is very handy and be careful as there are moving parts as it is crunk.

Then while you have the plug out you can put the plug wire back on it and see if it is sparking. If so it could be a timing issue. You will need to see about the cam sensor. Here Also the meter is handy to see if the sensor is sending the pulse as the engine is spun.

Man, I changed all that plugs, wires, not that damn sensor though. Pump is running and I’m getting fuel to my gauge

Did you do all this by yourself? If so you have a long road to hoe.

Wholesale changes = wholesale trouble shooting that starts BEFORE you changed things up.

You will need to start from the beginning of EVERY single change you made and double/double/TRIPLE check each and every change you made for accuracy.

If you had help, get whomever you did all this stuff with to get back under the hood with you and help figure it out. It could be anything.

Then you will need to do it again. There is no easy out here.

Sorry to be a Davie Downer, but this is what it is.

I wish you best of luck.

Did you do all this by yourself? If so you have a long road to hoe.

Wholesale changes = wholesale trouble shooting that starts BEFORE you changed things up.

You will need to start from the beginning of EVERY single change you made and double/double/TRIPLE check each and every change you made for accuracy. Then you will need to do it all over again when it won't start. There is no easy out here.

If you had help, get whomever you did all this stuff with to get back under the hood with you and help figure it out. It could be anything. I gave myself the same headaches on a much smaller level and it took months to get it figured out by a pro.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer here, but this is what it is.

Perhaps someone will step in here with some magic wand fix, but I think you might just have a real shit storm on your hands.

I wish you best of luck.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I never want to be "that" guy, but in this case you need honesty.

I feel your pain, believe me.

There are just so many places to start here. Hopefully, those with more hands on experience will step in and have some wise tips to give you.

Change injs? Used or new? Used that have been sitting around?
Change tune, to provide added start fuel?
ALL grounds verified?
E takes 30% more fuel, to be running correctly.
Scan tool readings?
RPM signal?

I’ll have to dig into all of that right there. But injectors are new. I’m not sure how to change the tune to add start fuel. I have a TT chip, and I’m running a translator. Should that not control that part? I started today by checking spark since I am getting fuel and air.....I purchased a spark checker.

Huh, hard to know over the interwebz. Do you have time during the week or is sat a better time to see about it? Fixin to head out the Extreme raceway for the gtg. LMK if we can get together on it and see if a new set of eyes helps.

I’m in the garage playing around with it now. I checked all spark and it’s good....I’m about to double chk fuses

You are sure you are getting plenty of fuel? That e85 takes quite a bit more than gasoline. like twice as much.
Maybe try to spray some carb cleaner or brake clean in the intake to see if you can make it cough when spinning it over.

If it has spark and it is squirting in fuel next is timing. Did you take the cam position sensor out? Did you set it or move it? I can dig up the tool or we can use a meter. Will have to look at Steve's page but i'm sure there are good instructions.