Who to buy a trans from ????

dave builds a great transmission and has tremendous tech support.i have been running his full billet 200 for years,i have never seen a better 200r4

I've dealt with many of them and you won't go wrong with any of them. Bottom line, the 200 is a PIA and we are lucky anyone wants to deal with them.

Vince Janis, Jason White, Lonnie, Jimmy's, CK, Husek, Kurtz. I have converters in front of all of them and all of them work. You will occasionally get a trans that doesn't want to cooperate and it's not always the builders fault. The trans is a very complicated piece of equipment that can sometimes not do what it should do.

EA Stage 3 in my car and it doesn't have an easy life! Flawless. And I beat the life out of it, mid 10 second car. But more than that the attention to customer service by Lonnie is second to none.

I also need a trans done.
I'm keeping a close eye on this thread.
So far here are the stats on this thread.

EA = 8+, customer service 1+ 1 -
Husek = 6+, customer service 4+
CK = 1+
Janis = 2+
Jimmy's = 1+

I bought a transmission from Lonnie and he picked up every time or responded to emails to his site very quickly. And some of those calls I think he was traveling. I did notice the speedo way off, but I'm installing an electronic one that can be corrected (unfortunately, PL will have wrong speed). I also got a spade connector for the transbrake instead of the 4 prong connector. Not a big deal in my case, no lock up - but if you get a NL trans with transbrake and want the 4 prong connector you might indicate so. Didn't sound like a huge deal to go back to the connector. Anyway, that was end of 2014/beginning of 2015 and support was A+.

So if I understand this correctly, the "drive" gear for the speedometer needs to be swapped with an 11 tooth gear from a BRF, for the EA trans?

I have purchased three stage three transmissions from Lonnie at Extreme Automatics and have been very pleased with all of them.

Lonnies trans here as well....takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Great service and support to!

So if I understand this correctly, the "drive" gear for the speedometer needs to be swapped with an 11 tooth gear from a BRF, for the EA trans?

The 10 and 11 tooth gears are specific to performance cores and aren't available new anymore. So in cases where he doesn't get a performance core, he has no choice. Can't pull them out of thin air. I've had to give one out of my collection for an ea trans for a buddy who didn't send a core. It sucks but it's reality. Fwiw the green 10 tooth gear is a little easier to find and will calibrate the same with a black 27 tooth driven gear in a stock gn config. I haven't done the math but in a 28" tire situation, the red 12 tooth gear might be able to be used with the right driven gear.

The 10 and 11 tooth gears are specific to performance cores and aren't available new anymore. So in cases where he doesn't get a performance core, he has no choice. Can't pull them out of thin air. I've had to give one out of my collection for an ea trans for a buddy who didn't send a core. It sucks but it's reality. Fwiw the green 10 tooth gear is a little easier to find and will calibrate the same with a black 27 tooth driven gear in a stock gn config. I haven't done the math but in a 28" tire situation, the red 12 tooth gear might be able to be used with the right driven gear.
I gotcha, just wanted to make sure I had the information correct. I have the original BRF on the shelf, so I can swap the drive gears if needed. I still considering all options since there doesn't appear to be a well known 2004r builder in southern NM, that I know about.

Me and my brother both have Transmissions from David Husek... He answers his phone on weekends at 10 oclock at night lol!!!!

He is easy to talk to and doesn't rush ya...I'm super happy!!!