Who thinks Dale Jr. should be able to keep number 8

whitehot84

I think NASCAR is just flexing it's muscle. There is no reason why the number shouldn't be able to move with the driver. It's all about the money. New shirts and other memorabilia. Sell, sell, sell. :frown:

I think NASCAR is just flexing it's muscle. There is no reason why the number shouldn't be able to move with the driver. It's all about the money. New shirts and other memorabilia. Sell, sell, sell. :frown:

His stepmother owns the number, or rather DEI owns it. If she don't cut it loose it aint goin'

heck !

the France family owns everything else, and wants to control it all, so why shouldn't they control that aspect too ?
I feel the number should go with the driver, most folks associate the driver and the number together, so.....................?

I'm sure Dale Jr will have learned a lesson on this, and in the future, his sister will be more vigilant about this and all alot of other points of his contract.

nascar had nothing to do with it. Hendrick and DEI could not reach an agreement over the right to the number. If DEI does not use #8 next season than it becomes fair game for whoever wants it

I don't think so...

I think DEI has rights to the number, IF they choose to let it go ,then it would become fair game to anyone, but as of now, they have revenue comming in from it,a nd will continue to use and promote the #8

which is their right, but good luck getting anybody to accept another driver in that car and that number.....

Yep. nascar owns the numbers but the owners have first right of refusal. Sounds like Theresa had big $$ demands for the "8" and I bet she has the rights to the "style" of the 8 as well (same goes for RCR and the style of the 3).

As far as a driver? Well if I were in charge of DEI, I would be talking nice to the US Army(sponsor) about putting Mark Martin in the 8 and moving Smith to the 01. May have to convince Mark about that as well. He could share the 8 with amirola. Makes sense since you do not hear of any other rumors other than Stremme (bad) and Yely (bad). Besides, how can anyone dislike mark martin. After 08, biffle's contract runs out at RFR and you have a full time driver. Plus RFR needs to get down to 4 cars anyways and the Biff does not seem to happy with the changes they made to his team this year.

All I can say id JR better place his HMS car above the dei 8 car next year in owners points, if not then what is his excuse? :eek:

Yep. nascar owns the numbers but the owners have first right of refusal. Sounds like Theresa had big $$ demands for the "8" and I bet she has the rights to the "style" of the 8 as well

All I can say id JR better place his HMS car above the dei 8 car next year in owners points, if not then what is his excuse? :eek:

I'll go out on a limb and say the no 8 won't race next year. They will have a better chance of selling memorabillia if there's not another driver in the car. People want to remember the 8 as Dale Jr's ride. Same with the 3. It will always be Sr's ride.
I think Jr will do quite well at HMS. At least he will have a car that is capable of winning a race.

just my opinion....

Theresa Earnhardt is a gold digging beotch! She doesn't deserve to be involved in Nascar. I hope her whole operation crumbles and she has to work at McD's for the rest of her life.

Theresa Earnhardt is a gold digging beotch! She doesn't deserve to be involved in Nascar. I hope her whole operation crumbles and she has to work at McD's for the rest of her life.

+1

Think JR should use the number 83 next year. That way people with tattoos can just add the 3 after the 8.:D

You didn't really think Teresa was going to let the 8 go?

Do all the other drivers that change teams get to keep their numbers?

If not F him,He no one special

Do all the other drivers that change teams get to keep their numbers?

If not F him,He no one special

Now that this contract crap and # crap is over he has been in the top 5 every race, until the motor blew. Bad as I hate to see him in a Hendrick car I think 09 season will be his year:biggrin:

I used to watch Nascar pretty much becuase of #3, now it is becuase of #8. He is just a good ole boy from NC like me:cool:

The way I understood was this, Teresa was going to give up the number 8 (yes, NASCAR owns the number - the numbers are like a franchise) along with 2 stipulations:
#1- If/when Jr. retires, the number 8 goes back to DEI
#2- DEI gets % of Jr's winnings while running #8

I think all was okay with #1. #2 she got the finger

And, I think she should let him have it. Like she needs the money:rolleyes:

The way I understood was this, Teresa was going to give up the number 8 (yes, NASCAR owns the number - the numbers are like a franchise) along with 2 stipulations:
#1- If/when Jr. retires, the number 8 goes back to DEI
#2- DEI gets % of Jr's winnings while running #8

I think all was okay with #1. #2 she got the finger

:biggrin: Thats what I would have gave her:biggrin:

Yeah Teresa has turned out to be a real BOW :cool:
I heard something about Hendrick trying to get the 38 from Yates. We will see how that goes. I like that number better anyway