who started this website (founding fathers) and when

Yup. Original site crashed in 2001 and the original members all rejoined the rebooted site

I don't know who started it. Bruce Toelle (WE4) owned it a long time before Shane

I was here before the crash

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was also here before the crash, but didn't reregister till 02 . one of my many hiatus states lol

I feel like complete crap for forgetting his name, but a guy started and Mike Licht helped. They turned it over to Bruce and I bought it from him in the mid 2000's!

I thought it was Mike Licht and Jay Carter that started TB.com. I was on the original site too, actually most of us back then were on the gnttype.org email list lol! That was the mid to early 90's! I think the original TB.com started around 1997 or so?

No, Jay and a forum guy started T6P.com. Maybe Mike will chime in and tell the beginnings, he has a few times I think..

I joined in 1999 to research what a Turbo LeSabre Sport was. Came back to it after the crash to learn what a GN was after I got my ass handed to me by Melissa in her GN.

Way back when, it was a guy named Jason from Michigan who ran it. I cannot remember his last name. I have an engraved turbobuick.com key chain promo item I got from him at the nats in the early 2000s + a turbobuick.com rear window decal (still on the car, ha). The board was pretty cryptic before 2000, had white background with red and yellow category headers.

Back in the 90's, I too was on the old gnttype.org mailing list. I didn't have a computer. I used my girlfriend's. We broke, up and stopped going on line. Then I started hanging around with all the names in my area that I had contacted through the mailing list!

Years went by, and even though I was still actively a Buick hot rodder, I didn't join this forum until long after my "twin" set-up was complete. That was about 4 years ago.

I just missed the birth of turbobuick.com.

I was here when the board logo looked like my dirty window decal, on AOL dialup of course.

"Zapp" used to call the boss Jason Dribbler, then he got banned. :p

The good old days.

DSC01084a.jpg

i was around in 96 when the GN T-Type with Scott Keller,Mean Scott Simpson and Ken Moser along with some others and the Mailing list .I think TB.com started in late 97 or 98 and not sure but a guy named Lance was buying a ton of drinks in BG on behalf of the site .Before the GN.org site i would touch my GN but worked on cars my entire life .was just not sure how it all worked back then .had a 75MGZ computer with a 14400 phone connection

i was around in 96 when the GN T-Type with Scott Keller,Mean Scott Simpson and Ken Moser along with some others and the Mailing list .I think TB.com started in late 97 or 98 and not sure but a guy named Lance was buying a ton of drinks in BG on behalf of the site .Before the GN.org site i would touch my GN but worked on cars my entire life .was just not sure how it all worked back then .had a 75MGZ computer with a 14400 phone connection

That was Lance Ward? Did he start TB.com with Mike then? I remember him is he still with FAST? I see Mean Scott and Scott Keller are still around but what ever happened with Ken Moser? BG in the 90's and the early days on gnttype.org, good times, boy does time fly!

That was Lance Ward? Did he start TB.com with Mike then? I remember him is he still with FAST? I see Mean Scott and Scott Keller are still around but what ever happened with Ken Moser? BG in the 90's and the early days on gnttype.org, good times, boy does time fly!
no wasnt Lance Ward

Ken is living in CO and still knocking out of the park with software developments .Still has his GN .He surprised me last year and showed up for my Birthday party .Hadnt seen him in forever until then