Who sells this gauge pod? Not crazy for the 3 pod A pillar style.

lbear

On a 2004R is it better to put it in Manual 1st when racing or just leave it in Drive?
Any advantages to Manual mode?

My track experience is pretty limited but I believe conventional wisdom is put it in drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember hearing that Manual mode boosts line pressure really high so this engages the band and prevents wear & tear vs Drive mode.

I'm no racer by any imagination but D and let it do it's thing plus you'll get more consistent results.

I personally rely on my automatic trans. to grab first to second especially with the tires breaking loose. I don’t want to harm the engine and over rev it...

Does Manual mode boost line pressure and help grab the band and engage the clutches better than Drive mode?

I agree, the trans will do its job in drive. The only time I would recommend the manual shifting of the 2004r is if you need more rpm than the trams will give you. My data logs show my trans shifting at 5500 almost every time in drive. Since I want 7000 rpm shift I do it manually.

On a 2004R is it better to put it in Manual 1st when racing or just leave it in Drive?
Any advantages to Manual mode?
the 200 will go faster manually shifted,there are gains there on the street or the glue(track)if you can drive,if you cant,there are broken parts to be earned.

With 1st or 2nd selected, the line pressure is higher without the throttle valve being stoked with the gas pedal. So at part throttle you will get full line pressure with part or no throttle unlike 3rd where line pressure is controlled by gas pedal position.

I'll quit owning and driving Buick's when I'm 6 feet under! If I live to be 90 I'll still be driving my my 66 yr old Buick lol You can do the math.

I'll quit owning and driving Buick's when I'm 6 feet under! If I live to be 90 I'll still be driving my my 66 yr old Buick lol You can do the math.

Look at it this way, in 32 years, 90 will be the new 85. :LOL:

It might be my son's by then, but I'll ride along and tell him what he's doing wrong, kinda like that Allstate commercial with Tina Fey...... :giggle: Making his love/hate relationship with the car just that much more difficult........ AAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!