Who makes OEM quality outer dew sweeps?

BuickMike

Money pit
I finally figured out why my f$%&3n windows won't seal to the weatherstripping and why they were so sloppy. Before I got my car painted, I replaced my power window assemblies with A1 Electric ones and also did the whole anti-rattle kit. The windows sealed perfectly and adjusted properly in minutes. They were rock solid.
After getting the car painted I re-assembled the car with all new seals including new dew sweeps. Ever since then I cannot get the windows to seal at all. After checking out a low mileage, stock GN, I realized that my windows are sloppy as hell and his were not. Again remember I have brand new hardware for power windows. The problem is that I cannot tighten the door top bumpers enough to get the window tight against my dew sweeps because they are super soft and put no pressure on the windows at all.

I replaced the old ones because they were getting on the brittle side and unfortunately I threw them out.

My aftermarket ones are crap. I'm not going to say where I got them to avoid vendor bashing, but I need to know where to get an OEM set or at least a set that works like OEM.

Can you tell us what brand they are so no one else makes the mistake of buying them.Check Highway Stars,They have them but don't know if they are the same as you already have.

If you're unwilling to tell us where you got them, then you're dooming the rest of the board members to the same fate. Not cool.

Glen at Highway Stars donated the set for the NASTY WENDY car...they were AWESOME.

Sorry. I thought I was avoiding drama by not naming names, and would let you all know who makes a good set by comparison when I find one but.....mine are from G Body Parts. They really fit perfect and look like a quality piece, however when I realized how sloppy my windows are compared to a low mile stock car I got confused because all of my hardware is new. Then I remembered how tight my windows were when I put all that in, which was only a few weeks before I disassembled the car for paint. I thought back and realized the only thing I changed were the outer dew sweeps. Then did some more research and learned that there should be a good deal of pressure between the windows and the bumpers. Mine flop around when half rolled down like there is nothing there. I still need to take off my door panels again and verify one more time that everything else is correct, but there really is a HUGE difference in stiffness between the OEM ones and mine.

Thank you Coach. I was going to call them. Almost everything I get from Nos4GN is really high quality. My whole interior is from them. They really try hard to get the best they can. My only concern is that sometimes there is only one vendor making a certain part anymore and everyone is selling the same thing. I may hit up Clay directly and compare notes on our dew sweeps and go from there.

I got a set from Highway Stars over a year ago and still are like the day they arrived. High quality, great fit and a great company to order from. Windows seal great.

I just bought a set from Kirbans which are a heavier duty unit with heavier steel on the frame part- didn't install them yet.

Original GM Factory Dew Sweeps feature aluminum frames.....reproductions are steel.
"Just sayin"

Glen at Highway Stars donated the set for the NASTY WENDY car...they were AWESOME.
I have nos4gn on mine. Had to massage some of the holes but I think that was due to when gm built the car the fasteners were shot in with no thought of measuring anything. Seal well for me.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have nos4gn on mine. Had to massage some of the holes but I think that was due to when gm built the car the fasteners were shot in with no thought of measuring anything. Seal well for me.

X2
I also had to massage mine too (GM sweeps) by elongating a few holes in order for it to sit properly on the door frame. No big deal with a small rat tail file.

I was looking for some replacement dew sweeps this summer & contacted Highway Stars (nos4gn.com) & was told that they had a limited supply of original GM dew sweeps & also offer repro's (at a more affordable price). Not sure if they have any more NOS GM dew sweeps left?

plan on slotting or drilling holes regardless of which ones you buy. Have new GM ones on my gn, mikesmontes felts on the t type (but the t-type has the wide trim with stapled on felts). Now that you mention it I'd like to check the tension on both.

I bought mine from Kirbans. Very happy with them they fit great and look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Auto, no adjustments needed. You have to remove the bottom rubber window stop so the window goes down enough to get to the screws.

I took the windows out and worked em that way.

Only one manufacturer makes the dew sweeps for all the Vendors. The new ones are better than the OEM.

Pete
kirbans

Pete's right.....he should know, he deals with them all of the time.......so Kirban's or NOS4GN are the places to go for your sweeps......can't go wrong with neither............both vendors are at the top of their game........you WILL NOT be disappointed getting your sweeps from these two.....go for it.

Bruce '87 Grand National