Who is going to win the Nextel Cup?

Who will win the Nextel Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:D 17 or 48 thats about it in my list.
If the 48 chokes this year again, he'll be like mark martin (never win one).
RCR cars sorrryyy not this year.

I hope it isn't the 8 car. Jr. himself is ok the the Jr. fans are obnoxious enough as it is. If his last name was Schmidt or something, he'd be squat.

I'll discuss it.

It will not be Burton, Harvick or Earnhardt, Jr.

Probably Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson or Jeff Gordon. Maybe not. But that's what it looks like now.

I posted this message on Sept. 5, 2006. That was two months and two weeks ago. Looks like I'm batting pretty solidly.

well, it looks like johnson pulled it off, which really surprised me alot! I was hoping he would choke, but he did not. Oh well, there is always next year.

well, it looks like johnson pulled it off, which really surprised me alot! I was hoping he would choke, but he did not. Oh well, there is always next year.

Deja Vu!

JJ did it again for 2007. Found myself rooting for Gordon just because....

Not much ink spread on this board. Last years discussion still on first page. :D

Nascar in 07 was boring

Not much ink spread on this board. Last years discussion still on first page. :D[/QUOTE]

I think many fans have lost intrest in NASCAR. I was a fan for years, I remember when Martin ran the strohslight car and Ellioit was originaly in the 9 and when the 7 won the closest points battle. The cars actually came close to looking like cars we drive on the street, and when the aerodynamics were better on the track, were thus better for out cars on the road. Buick dominated in the early 80's and made a special car to celabrate. Now we have:

the chase:mad:
the COT (look at a chevy,ford, toyo, and dodge w/out the decals and tell me which is which?):confused:
multi-million dollar rookies
30 out of the 40 starters in BGN (now nationwide series) from the cup side
car owners with multiple teams

I agree 100%

I totally agree with everything said in the last posting. I have been watching Nascar for about 30 years. I long for the old days.