Who drives their Buick Daily why or why not?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Where'd everyone go? o_O
Looking for the headgasket replacement thread with pics. and couldn't find it.... :(
Found this one instead. :p

Got my 87 WE4 January of 92. 39000 miles on her when I got it. Driven daily until it was stolen for the 2nd time. I don't drive her very much anymore. Usually to cruise ins and shows. She has 150000 some odd miles on her now. She's been garaged since 1996. I couldn't bear to have her stolen again. I was lucky to get her back 2 times. Lots of low lives around here. And most of them probably don't even know what it is. To them, it's a Monte............dumb asses!!!

I drive mine a lot in the fall, winter, spring months.

It's just too hot in the summer in PHX, AZ to enjoy her, thinking I might put too much heat in her when it's 110* outside.

Then there's Fucking Bumbling Joe Biden's plan to make gasoline prices so high, we just can't afford as simple a pleasure as going for a ride in a cool car........... or feed our families. You know, PROGRESS!

I drive mine a lot in the fall, winter, spring months.

It's just too hot in the summer in PHX, AZ to enjoy her, thinking I might put too much heat in her when it's 110* outside.

Then there's Fucking Bumbling Joe Biden's plan to make gasoline prices so high, we just can't afford as simple a pleasure as going for a ride in a cool car........... or feed our families. You know, PROGRESS!
FJB

I took mine out for a 20 mile cruise in early may. Got a few thumbs up and a guy that stopped in the lane next to me to compliment the car.....kind of forgot what it was like to let her be seen as she sits in the garage most of the time

I don't drive my daily because I have other "driver" cars for that purpose. This is coupled by the fact that I'm worried about the car being wrecked or stolen and the insurance company bending me over on any settlement. Another concern is that the cars are all 35 years old and and semi un- reliable along with most being heavily modified which plays into the driveability, mileage etc. Currently my A/C isn't working, I find as I get older this is a much bigger priority too. :confused: BTW, why are we reviving threads that are over a decade old?

Neal

Holy 2011 batman.....
Last fall my LS powered Silverado shit the bed with a catastrophic oil pump failure. The trusty old Buick was called upon for daily driver duty in the cold Chicago weather Sept/Oct/Nov. She did her duty, albeit with some HVAC blower motor switch issues that required a few parts orders placed with Rock Auto. Then in the spring she went to BG and raced in TPB as she should!

Ive got other Buicks for dailys. Just to damn hot in TX in the summer. Maybe after dark a few times but thats about it from June to Sept. Plus to easy to steal and the car draws a lot of attention and can not let it out of my sight.