Who bought Budnik Billet GN wheels

The car had MT DR's in the back. They don't offer them in 18". It was a 275/40/17 tire in the rear. It also appeared to have a Ford 9" and a ton of nice suspension work. I snapped those quick pics before it was "cleaned for the show." The paint was like glass!

Last edited:
I am somewhat familiar with the car at the Chicago Muscle car show. IMHO, it is one of the nation's nicest GNs restored this year. It is owned and restored by one of the owners of Mascar auto body. Their shop is about 200 yards from my shop. I provided some parts and tuning to get it ready for the show. Alan Budnik did the wheels. Turbo Lou did the engine. As good as this cars looks, it drives even better. This car is by far the best driving Turbo Buick I've ever driven, in almost every way. If you guys want to know what size tires and wheels are on it, tomorrow I'll ask.

Mike B.

I saw that car at Mike's swap meet a few weeks back.

It is absolutely, positively gorgeous.

I already have MT drag radials in 295x45x17s that s why I asked about the 17" size! Thanks!

Just talked to Jason at Budnik. I'll send him a link to this thread in case he wants to comment or anyone has any questions for him.
Rears are 17 X 9 1/2" with a 4 3/4" back space. Tire is a 274/40/17 M/T DRs. Keep in mind that this frame is notched.

Fronts are 17 X 8" with a 4 1/2" BS. Tire is a 225/45/17 BF Goodrich.

Side note: Rumor has it that the boys at GM-EFI mag may be doing a feature on this car.:)

Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard