Which Wideband? Upgrade Chip and Injectors?

nullrout

I've finally got my car back on the road after breaking the trans and need to do some serious tuning. Obviously I need a wideband to tune with, but which one? LC-1, AEM, or NGK Powerdex? Is there that much difference? I should mention that I'm already running a PowerLogger. My setup is in my Sig.

I'm also unsure if I should be thinking about upgrading from my TT 5.6 Alcohol Chip and going to the 6.1 for wideband tracking.

I'm also wondering if I do change chips should I go to the high Z 80s...when I bought mine the 60s were the largest readily available high Z injectors...

I'd like to run as safe as tune as possible while breaking into mid to high 10s.

I'm satified with my NGK Powerdex and 6.0 chip. I'm seeing my 60s go to about 65% dc with alky so you may not need 80s yet.

I've been happy my NGK wideband. Easy to calibarate.....maybe twice a season. Easy to install and i think mine cost 250 or so. I feel its accurate...when Eric made my chip he said he would target low 11's a/f at WOT and thats exactly what i saw. Wideband tracking takes your tune ability's out of the equation so the tune should not be an issue....some guys look to tweak it some but thats above my pay-grade. Your 60's will get you in the mid tens,especially with an alky system. With you motor and turbo you could conceivably run out of injector as your turbo,i recall, can make over 700HP and the 60's can support around 700..but you have the alky so should be fine....60's may go closer to static than you want but that wont hurt anything...some say injectors get less accurate at that high a DC but that depends on who you ask. You may be leaving a little on the table with your converter but should be ok. 10's will come down to> tune, seat time, tires, track condition and your gusto on the launch pad.

Thanks turbo in your signature has been 10.3 I'd change that PTC 10" L/U. Keep the TT Alky chip and the 60's. Upgrade to dual nozzle alky and get a wideband.
I like the widebands that use the Bosch sensor and NOT the NGK sensor due to the price. Last I check the NGK replacement sensor was around $150. Bosch are a fraction of that price. I went with PLX M300 Tuner Edition. So far so good. Case is made of aluminum.

Joe

AFX_unit.jpg

if you run Race gas i bought a new Bosch almost every outing. I have never replaced the NTK yet
Ive run lc1 and lm1 both. the powerdex is the one you want trust me ive been there done that.If your inputting WB you want the most reliable out there.Id also go 80s and a double pumper if you are Racing it
what times you looking for ?

I like the widebands that use the Bosch sensor and NOT the NGK sensor due to the price. Last I check the NGK replacement sensor was around $150. Bosch are a fraction of that price. I went with PLX M300 Tuner Edition. So far so good. Case is made of aluminum.

Joe

You get what you pay for. My one buddy had a NTK that lasted almost 10yrs, not going to happen with a bosch.

I don't really have any specific goal in mind. I don't have a cage and the local track has some pretty strict rules...5 pt harness for 11.99 and faster, cage at 10.99 so I don't see myself getting more than one day at a test and tune. I guess the goal is to be as fast as is safe for the engine.

I feel like this car has been an exercise in finding the weak points in my drive train. First is was the transmission, then it was the driveshaft (someone nicked the shaft with what looked to be a sawzall cutting off the exhaust), then I changed the exhaust and found that the vacuum line going to the waste gate actuator had a hole in it. Of course this was after I cracked two pistons (I thought it was set to 18 pounds of boost, nope the crappy exhaust was so restrictive that it wouldn't build anything more than 18 pounds so the first time I rolled into the throttle it saw 30+ pounds of boost). At least I had the rear end rebuilt and mosier axles put in as a precautionary measure because as far I could tell it was next for a meltdown.

There is a local performance shop that mostly does supercharged Mustangs and has a chassis dyno that I may have to utilize to safely tune. I don't intend on running race gas, just 93 and spraying methanol.