Which wastegate for me?

robertf

So I picked up a new TA stainless DP {external WG} The seller had a new Precision WG {Precision Turbo Wastegate 2 Bolt Flange, PB0085-1000, 39 MM } but got sold before I could claim it. I'm looking for no more than 23/25 PSI. I'm wanting quality over cost. Car is street driven. Looking to the Gurus for the best advice on which is best to buy. Thank very much in advance.

if you want control
get a vband 46mm and weld it under the turbo on a short pipe to the header

Anything 46mm and up will get you there . Precision ,tial,Ect more of a personal preference all of them will get the job done

The TA downpipe is designed and constructed for use with a Tial 38 mm wastegate. The 39 mm Precision Turbo wastegate is designed to bolt in place of the Tial. Either will work for your application. I am running a TA downpipe and the 39mm Precision Turbo wastegate, and have no issues holding steady boost whether it be 20# or 28#.

Agree with bad v6,

I woukd get the precision unit

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The TA downpipe is designed and constructed for use with a Tial 38 mm wastegate. The 39 mm Precision Turbo wastegate is designed to bolt in place of the Tial. Either will work for your application. I am running a TA downpipe and the 39mm Precision Turbo wastegate, and have no issues holding steady boost whether it be 20# or 28#.

I have the same TA external and will be using a Tial 38mm purchased a while back. Teh opening is much larger than the hole on the Turbo exhuast housing, wondering if it should be opened up or does that's not apply to an external DP?

I know off the drive header is best setup but since I have this already, want to use it until I'm ready to purchase new TA heads and make the modifications then.

I understand that is the best way to control boost via external. I figure I use what I have the moment.

My question is, does enlarging the exhaust hole help to control boost? May not be precisely but if it helps than I want to do that while the turbo is off the car.