Which Rocker Arms??????

allgojoe

Which roller rocker arms would you run and where do you get them and how much? Thanks!!!!! What is the stock ones 1.5?

T & D

As far as I know only T & D and Harlan Sharpe have roller rocker readily available for our cars. T & D are by far the better set. They have an oil hole drilled over to oil the roller tip where Harlan/s do not. They have the rockers off set to line up with the pushrods. Harlans do not. I just installed a set of Harlans for a friend. The end holes in the shaft were machined .040 off. Had to wait in another set of shafts. Their instructions were scratched on a folded sheet of paper and stuck underneath other papers. Luckily I found them before I ordered pushrods. Not a big fan of Harlan Sharpe.

Re: T & D

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
As far as I know only T & D and Harlan Sharpe have roller rocker readily available for our cars. T & D are by far the better set. They have an oil hole drilled over to oil the roller tip where Harlan/s do not. They have the rockers off set to line up with the pushrods. Harlans do not. I just installed a set of Harlans for a friend. The end holes in the shaft were machined .040 off. Had to wait in another set of shafts. Their instructions were scratched on a folded sheet of paper and stuck underneath other papers. Luckily I found them before I ordered pushrods. Not a big fan of Harlan Sharpe.

Lee,

Does T&D make a set for the 14 bolt GN-1s to replace the stud mounted Scorpions?

Sorry

I am not an authority on T&D/s. Not an authority on anything.
Here is their phone # 775-884-2292
Yes, they are adj. as are the Harlans.
No, they will not clear stock valve covers.
The pedestals have to be trimmed on both brands.
I guess you could do it on the car with a die grinder. Definately don/t recommed doing it that way. Need to remove heads.

Thanks Lee. So are you saying they will fit with some modification? Just need to grind some of it down-right?

I am getting a roller cam and the adjustible rockers seem like they will make the pushrod measurements go WAY BETTER - Hummm, a new thread is coming to mind.

Lee,

I have HS's on my car and they line up and bolt on fine. Am I missing something here? Can you explain the problems because I don't see it. Thanks!

CallMeMud
Yours are fine. When I had the problem I call and the rep. discovered they had run a bad batch. They made a new correct set and got them out to me. Just my luck. They make thousands with one being bad and I get that one. You would have caught it upon install because the end bolt would not start.

Blown
Yes the pedestal shafts are too wide. The bottom of the rocker will rub it. Altho the bottom of the rocker is cut away for clearance, it will need more.
If you are going with iron heads and a roller cam. --8.200 is real close. Mine are 8.175 but my sons are 8.225. Really eather one will work as there is some adj.

Check with Dakota Parts warehouse, Brian should beable to find the info you need for the T&D Machine brand he sells them and ferra brand valves for the 3.8. I just bought a set for a BB chev, be ready to spend some money. Here is the web site http://www.dpwferreavalves.com or phone 877-235-2832.