Which fuel pump do I need?

thbjcb

Car currently has variety of mods that should be around a low eleven second car but still has the stock pump with first version of the Kenne bell boost a pump. Long term goal is high tens so the question is do I go with the DW200 or the DW300? Do I leave in the boost a pump or switch to a hot wire kit? Planning of adding alky shortly after the pump.

If you want reliable 10's think 9's, I am installing a DW400, billet hanger, hotwire @Teflon lines, duel nozzle alky.. if there is ever a problem I am stacking the odds that it will not be a fuel issue...

Hotwire kits are recommended a DW300 will get you there but the bigger fuel pump is going to need a larger return line. Otherwise you will not be able to lower your fuel pressure to where it needs to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I was thinking is the dw200 with the boost a pump would be perfect. Increased fuel flow only when I need it, no need for the larger fuel return line or the hot wire kit. Someone let me my thoughts are correct.

I think it’s time to move forward and go Hotwire
TurboTweak for pump ,and Hotwire. your not running a old Kenne Bell chip are you?

Switch the vent and return lines while you’re replacing the pump. Easy to do and better than going too small to avoid high base fuel pressure.

Using a turbotweak chip and 60's. Who sells a return line kit? Not sure what you mean by switching the vent lines or does that come with the kit? So, should I go with the DW300 , hot wire kit and return lines?

The DW300 is hit or miss with working on the stock fuel lines. My pressure wouldn't go down until i changed the return line.

Using a turbotweak chip and 60's. Who sells a return line kit? Not sure what you mean by switching the vent lines or does that come with the kit? So, should I go with the DW300 , hot wire kit and return lines?

what he means is there are three lines at the fuel tank. feed line to engine. return line from engine and the tank velt line which goes to factory charcoal canister. the vent is bigger than return line. if you swap them you will have more return flow to tank that is required with larger pumps. Basically if pump flows more than it can return you will not able to regulate fuel pressure low enough at idle.

Thanks to all for the advice. Going with the DW300, hot wire and return line if needed. I will take out the KB boost a pump kit. Who sells the larger return line kit if I need it?

Like ETraugott said. Mine is an '84 with an '86 engine so it may differ slightly, but I simply put a new piece of rubber fuel line from the line coming off the fuel pressure regulator to the charcoal canister vent hard line (5/16"), then from the vent hard line above the tank to the return on the fuel hat. The original return is 1/4". Since I was dropping the tank and replacing the pump I replaced all the rubber sections of fuel line anyway as they were 10+ years old. No problem getting a $110 Walbro 450 down to 43psi at idle.