which drag radial - MT ET Street S/S or Toyo Proxes R888R

turbobuick, what psi do you use on the street with the 275/45 TQ tires?
18-19 if you want them to work well.

I ran the M&H 275/55 on myTtype for awhile. They do work well but it is a 28" tall tire which really only works well for a drag race set up and I hated the car stance. Here is the car with a brief stint with 275/60 MT
0707180942.jpg

Wow 18-19 psi for every day street driving seems really low.

I ordered two TQ 275/45-16 today from Discount Tire. List was $220.00 per tire but they have a price match option. I found them listed on line by Walmart for $187 each even though I couldn't find a Walmart showing them in stock. Discount Tire matched the price and on top of that gave another 5% veteran discount

Today was a good Christmas shopping day.

Wow 18-19 psi for every day street driving seems really low.

I ordered two TQ 275/45-16 today from Discount Tire. List was $220.00 per tire but they have a price match option. I found them listed on line by Walmart for $187 each even though I couldn't find a Walmart showing them in stock. Discount Tire matched the price and on top of that gave another 5% veteran discount

Today was a good Christmas shopping day.
I really don't daily drive the car much these days. Nice weather cruising at best. I will air them up to normal pressures for normal driving but it really isn't a huge deal driving them on 18-19psi.

Nice purchase, Good luck LMK how they work out.

I got the Toyo TQ's mounted and I am very happy with them Perfect fitment. They look awesome! And for my intended use I think they are the perfect tire for primarily street use.

Hey, Turbobuick. If you get a chance can you get a picture of you contact area at those pressures (18-19 psi)? I want to see how much of the tread edge is making contact to the ground. I started at 26 psi and reducing pressure 1 psi at a time and watching how the contact area is affected.

The MT's are the way to go. If you can get them.
From everything I could gather, the MT's are a bit stickier and would be better for the track over the TQ's. But for street use the TQ's have better street manners and wet weather manners but still grip very well. I have 16" wheels and really like the 275/45-16 size which the MT does not have.

As I mentioned, I started at 26 psi checking the contact area by putting a strip of white shoe polish across the entire thread width then driving a short distance to see where it wore off first. At 26 it definitely wore off in the middle of the tire first, indicating the pressure was high. I lowered it by 1 psi increments and kept repeating. Finally at 20 psi cold it had even wear and contact across the entire width. Allowing for thermal expansion, I agree with turbobuick, 18-19 psi cold should give the optimal contact patch and best grip.