Which double pumper

turbotrix2004

So I need a better pump setup, and I was advised to get a double pump setup. Question is which is best? I'm in need of something that'll work with digital dash as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really happy you gave us a detailed description of how much power you intend to make and what your goals are, because it's not like there are a few different double pumper setups to choose from, so obviously we would get the answer right the first time...

Now that I'm done being an asshole...

1) How much power are you looking to make?

2) What size injectors do you have?

3) What size fuel lines do you have?

4) How often do you listen to "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John?

We really can't give you a recommendation of what double pumper will work for you unless you tell us how much power you intend to make...

To help you, read this thread : http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/t...-fuel-pump-do-i-need-reference-thread.448837/ it helps you calculate how much fuel you will need relative to the power you intend to make.

We recommend and sell the Racetronix 680 lph Double Pump with upgraded hot wire kit and we can provide the sender for the digital dash. $749.99
Q9. I have a digital dash car. Do you have a sender for me?
A9. Yes, please specify the digital dash level sender option when ordering your system

This double pumper does recommend bigger fuel lines, so if you don't have bigger lines, we recommend the complete fuel line kit $499.00

This is a complete made-to-measure fuel line kit with filter and fittings for the 1986-1987 Turbo Buicks. This kit replaces all the factory lines, fittings and filter assembly. This kit is designed to be used with the factory fuel rail and factory-fit / location regulator (1).

FEATURES:
* 2nd generation Racetronix Q-series hangers require FLK-G7B3 or QD to AN adapters (QDA-38F8CL, QDA-56F6CL)

Give us a call is you wish to order or need any further help.

I had a long post written with links to sites and details,etc. showing how he could buy the tools to make his own lines, buy the fittings and lines, and buy a new Weldon Racing Pumps fuel filter, for about $70 less than what that kit costs. Granted, he wouldn't have the fuel pressure gauge....but I decided not to be a dick, and suggest to support the vendors on this board since they take the time to respond to our questions and offer good advise, at times ;) Plus making your own lines can be difficult for people. The Racetronix kit takes all the guesswork out of it.

As for the dual 680lph hanger...If the guy is only going to make 600-650ish HP, he would be fine with the 510lph double pumper, and save himself $150. Until we know how much HP he wants to make, we may be suggesting the wrong thing to him...

I'm really happy you gave us a detailed description of how much power you intend to make and what your goals are, because it's not like there are a few different double pumper setups to choose from, so obviously we would get the answer right the first time...

Now that I'm done being an asshole...

1) How much power are you looking to make?

2) What size injectors do you have?

3) What size fuel lines do you have?

4) How often do you listen to "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John?

We really can't give you a recommendation of what double pumper will work for you unless you tell us how much power you intend to make...

To help you, read this thread : http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/t...-fuel-pump-do-i-need-reference-thread.448837/ it helps you calculate how much fuel you will need relative to the power you intend to make.

Lmao [emoji23] it was a quick post before I started work, so I guess more info would help.
I'm looking for about 550 hp. I'm currently running 80 lbs injectors and stock lines

Lmao [emoji23] it was a quick post before I started work, so I guess more info would help.
I'm looking for about 550 hp. I'm currently running 80 lbs injectors and stock lines

So let's figure 600 flywheel hp, instead of 550, just to be safe.

Using a BSFC of .85, we have 600hp x .85 BSFC = 510 lbs/hr fuel flow total required.

For what injector we need, we take that 510lbs/hr and divide by 6, so we have 510lbs / 6injectors = 85lb/hr injector requirements AT 100% DUTY CYCLE. To be safe on your injector duty cycle, you would want 100lb/hr injectors minimum.

For fuel pump flow, we know that our total fuel consumption is 510lbs/hr to make 600fwhp. Using a base pressure of 45psi, and figuring 30psi of boost (on the high side to be safe), we get 75psi for the fuel pressure that needs to have 510lb/hr, and just to be extra safe, I add another 5psi to make it an even 80psi fuel pressure that we need to make sure our fuel pump(s) flow 510lbs/hr for us.

510lb/hr into gallons per hour (gph) is done by 510lbs / 6 =85gph, so we need 85gph at 80psi...

The Racetronix site says that the 510lph dual 255lph pump setup, at 80psi and 13.5volts, flows 345lph.

Using a simple online conversion calculator, we get 345lph = 91.1 GPH...

So, if you need 85gph to make 600fwhp, and the 510lph setup flows 91gph, you could probably get away with it if you don't intend to push it past that power level.

If you ever think you are going to want more than 600fwhp, I would get a dual 340lph setup, or go with a big external pump :D

Hopefully that helps!

Don't fight it, go big. Better to have plenty of fuel available than biting your nails hoping you do.

So let's figure 600 flywheel hp, instead of 550, just to be safe.

Using a BSFC of .85, we have 600hp x .85 BSFC = 510 lbs/hr fuel flow total required.

For what injector we need, we take that 510lbs/hr and divide by 6, so we have 510lbs / 6injectors = 85lb/hr injector requirements AT 100% DUTY CYCLE. To be safe on your injector duty cycle, you would want 100lb/hr injectors minimum.

For fuel pump flow, we know that our total fuel consumption is 510lbs/hr to make 600fwhp. Using a base pressure of 45psi, and figuring 30psi of boost (on the high side to be safe), we get 75psi for the fuel pressure that needs to have 510lb/hr, and just to be extra safe, I add another 5psi to make it an even 80psi fuel pressure that we need to make sure our fuel pump(s) flow 510lbs/hr for us.

510lb/hr into gallons per hour (gph) is done by 510lbs / 6 =85gph, so we need 85gph at 80psi...

The Racetronix site says that the 510lph dual 255lph pump setup, at 80psi and 13.5volts, flows 345lph.

Using a simple online conversion calculator, we get 345lph = 91.1 GPH...

So, if you need 85gph to make 600fwhp, and the 510lph setup flows 91gph, you could probably get away with it if you don't intend to push it past that power level.

If you ever think you are going to want more than 600fwhp, I would get a dual 340lph setup, or go with a big external pump :D

Hopefully that helps!

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you

A single DW300 has consistently made 550 hp without issue .. enough to trap mid 120's in full weight GN ... That's about the limit on that pump ...

IF its a Walblo pump .. it wont get anywhere near that for long.

I would go with twin DW300's and that's plenty of OVERKILL and will run a full weight GN into the 9's

550 hp with which injectors on E85? I am genuinely curious because I am considering an injector upgrade including a -6 return line if necessary for a larger pump. With 75s currently, moving up to 80s would be silly IMO.

550 hp with which injectors on E85? I am genuinely curious because I am considering an injector upgrade including a -6 return line if necessary for a larger pump. With 75s currently, moving up to 80s would be silly IMO.

On 80's :(

I had the 680 Racetronix DP. One pump died after 300 miles. Then I switched to the DP setup through Nick Micale with twin DW300. IMO his kit blows away the RT kit. Wiring is much simpler too. Costs a little more but well worth it.

I had the 680 Racetronix DP. One pump died after 300 miles. Then I switched to the DP setup through Nick Micale with twin DW300. IMO his kit blows away the RT kit. Wiring is much simpler too. Costs a little more but well worth it.

Do you have a link for it