Which car would I get the biggest bang for my buck?

black84

Just as the title states what car would you get more bang for the buck a 2000 ws-6 or 1987 Buick gn. I've been having this delima for about a year now and needed some advise on whether to put $6500 into my ws-6 or my 87'
gn. If I go with my ws-6 I'm thinking of a d-1 procharger tuner kit done at (exotic performance), if I go with my gn I'm thinking of refreshing the engine and maybe going with a te-60 turbo, exhaust and an alcohol kit all done at (arizona gn). What do you guys think?? Any advise greatly appreciated thanks....:cool:

i went thru the same delima back in 2001. i had a trans am and a fairly modified gn. i wanted to go 10's. i decided the ls1 was a better platform for it for me.

i ended up selling my gn and regretted it.

since i have sold the trans am and have another gn, but i am leaving it stock.

dont know how set you are on a blower for your ls1, but if it were me, i would do heads/cam/rear for about the same price and the motor will probably last longer.

That's a tough call really. Throwing 6,500 at a GN can get you some serious speed - that much is a known commodity around here.

You might ask yourself this question. all things being equal, which car would bring you more enjoyment?

The WS-6 has high speed stability/manueverability/braking. However, the GN has serious street cred and mystique.

I would lean towards the GN the more I think about this. You could even argue that it's the better investment. F-bodies are worth a little less every day by virtue of them depreciating. If you put money into a GN wisely and keep it in nice condition and keep as many original parts as possible, it will hold it's value or go up most likely.

Good luck in your decision.

I sold all my GN parts, sold the car and never looked back. I have not regretted it and don't think I will. I'd rather modify and drive my '95TA than the '86 GN I had. The GN was goregeous and had a lot of potential. I don't know what it was, but I just didn't want to or couldn't bring myself to mod it. I did the spring cleaning and sold it for $1800 more than I paid for it 18 mos previously.

Later,

Steve.

Buy the 4.1 motor in the for sale section (550hp 690tq) for $3k and the proceed to take the boat anchor out of the WS6,then drop in the 4.1:) :) :)

Thanks for the replys. I guess all of you know how hard of a decesion this can be. Any other opionions greatly appreciated ????

Are you planning on using it as a driver or a race car? Like leiu910 said the T/A is probably a little tamer when it comes to street use, but I think using the same amount of $$$ you would come out ahead with the GN.

The GN in street trim will get better gas mileage than a procharged V8 will. just something to think about if it's a higway car.

Leave the Buick alone. Modify the Bird. It will probably hold up better in the long run.;)

The car would probably be used as a race car only if I went with the gn, but the ws-6 would be a weekend warrior/strip.:)