Which battery ?

Mr.Spool

Honest questions about these lithium batteries. Understand the weight savings but more interested in longevity, so trying to determine if the cost difference is worth it.
Sure
I have a charger/tender that I use through the winter to maintain.keeps the battery right where it wants to be
I didn't use it for the 1st winter just to see and it held its charge
They have built in BMS that wont allow drainage past a certain point.from what I have seen it works
It has a push tester on the battery so you can see its health right away or you can check the status of the battery off the app on your phone.
As far as bolt boosters I dont believe you can use them but you would have to contact them to make sure
I do know the alternator has to be sized correctly for the battery cant go too crazy there as they make them for different applications
I still run 12volt system and cannot go above 120 volt amp for the 1 I use.
As far as longevity I'm a few years in so far so good.i also had good luck with autozone batteries too but the antigravity batteries are supposed to go 10 years.

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
DBD9AD9C-F202-41B7-B22E-D413ED2E320F.jpeg

SLIC V6

I bought an Optima Redtop to start up my resto/update on my car in Jan of 2020. I bought it mostly on the old reputation that it had on being one of the better batteries. Well, it crapped out on me 3 months ago. (1.5 years) I thought it maybe just needed a good charge, so I bought the Optima charger. It was so dead that it would not even take a charge from that! It has barely enough juice to dimly light the opera lights when the door was opened.
Since I bought the expensive Optima charger, I figured that I'd buy another Redtop and hope that the first one I bought was just a crappy fluke. The new one is installed and working fine. I'm in the middle of trying to get a refund from Summit on the first battery, since it is supposed to have a 3 year warranty. I'll come back and update when I get any info from Summit.
I hope this helps someone out there!!!

ENJOY!!!
- Jerry Rieger

SS/GN

Not sure about the quality of Lithium batteries. A reputable super stock chassis builder wont install them for the concerns of fire, When they short out they will take your car with them.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
The Antigravity had BMS so it can't go into melt down. A conventional battery can blow up if you short it out inadvertently and we all know what the acid in a battery can do. Antigravity batteries are well made and lots are in use. I've had mine 2 years now. I throw it on the charger when I see with the app the charge is down to 50% which takes about a month of sitting. If I drove the car everyday it would not need to charged up. My version shuts its self off at a certain point so it leaves one start left in it and is still charged enough so not to ruin it. When I had a conventional battery I still threw it on the charger when I knew I wasn't going to drive the car for a while so for me, that part is a wash. All the conventional batteries I have had over the past 10 years crap out between 1 to 3 years even with maintenance. I figure I'll be equal at the end of this year. I do not use a volt booster and neither does Russ Merritt.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
From the Antigravity website:
Voltage range:
13.2 – 13.4 V.

The Antigravity Battery normal voltage is 13.2V. The battery will read up to 14.7V immediately after charging. The normal operating range will read between 13.3-14.5V. After a few hours it will self-balance to the 13.3-7 range which is its normal state of charge. The maximum voltage the battery should be exposed to is 14.7V. On the lower end of the voltage range the battery should be put on a charger if the battery voltage drops below the 12.5V range while sitting. The voltage should not be allowed to drop below 11V while at rest. Permanent damage may occur below 11 volts.

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Honest questions about these lithium batteries. Understand the weight savings but more interested in longevity, so trying to determine if the cost difference is worth it.

Most of us have some type of trickle charger but these may need to be replaced if the charger isn't designed to handle these batteries, correct?

How do these batteries handle volt boosters in the 15.5V range?

How long have these batteries lasted on your vehicles?

View attachment 370047
View attachment 370048
Advance best battery 4 yr warranty

Buick Mark

Optima I heard SUCKS
Battery shops cant gat batteries, some shortage of lead or something.
Go Wal Mart, decent batteries, good price

KC87

It depends on how quick you wanna replace it, Wal*Mart, Auto Zone, Checkers, Die Hard,Optima...Just about most batteries are made by Johnson Control that last around 3 years. When I went battery shopping, I was looking for any battery NOT made by them, In my Buick I run a Duracell. Personally I would go with the Interstate over the DieHard...Just my thoughts

Hmm, Johnson Controls makes Interstate. Have had good luck with them, the one in the John Deere is 11 years old.
There's only what, 3 companies that make batteries so pick your poison.
Optimas used to be great batteries until the asswipes moved production to mexico. Does anything more need to be said on that asinine decision.

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
My car sits 99% of the time on a trickle charger, so I lost 25 lbs of weight, got a Walmart battery with a 5 year warranty of which the last 2 years are pro-rated, for $100. It can be replaced or serviced just about as my city on any day.

jlat

My car sits 99% of the time on a trickle charger, so I lost 25 lbs of weight, got a Walmart battery with a 5 year warranty of which the last 2 years are pro-rated, for $100. It can be replaced or serviced just about as my city on any day.
hello people: Funny I have yet gone to a Walmart. It's about 20 minutes from me but it seems that every time I search for an item Walmart comes up and it says they have it.
IBBY

T-type Jones

Hmm, Johnson Controls makes Interstate. Have had good luck with them, the one in the John Deere is 11 years old.
There's only what, 3 companies that make batteries so pick your poison.
Optimas used to be great batteries until the asswipes moved production to mexico. Does anything more need to be said on that asinine decision.
Yeah, the one in your John Deere was purchased BEFORE Johnson Controls took over production...Go buy an Interstate now