Which battery ?

RmvBfrFlght

The problem with Interstate is that their warranties are now 2 years max. I used to use their batteries all of the time, not anymore.

Switched to NAPA batteries, but don't know (yet) how well they hold up.

RemoveBeforeFlight

liquidh8

Cant say either, whoever has the best warranty I suppose. I use Odyssey in hot rods, store bought on my daily's usually, though I do have a ret top in my HHR.

Creven405

I’ve tried using the red tops time and time again and even using the battery maintainer they still only last 2-3 years tops. I’ve had yellow tops in a few trucks for years and they’re still holding up maybe bc they’re bigger idk either way I just got a Maxx for my Buick so I’ll see how it goes but for the price and warranty I don’t think you can go wrong

turbocamino1

turboholic
The last two Autozone Duralast batt's went 7 years..actually the one in my GrandCamino was still doing fine but i reaplaced it because i felt it had to die soon?

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I’ve tried using the red tops time and time again and even using the battery maintainer they still only last 2-3 years tops. I’ve had yellow tops in a few trucks for years and they’re still holding up maybe bc they’re bigger idk either way I just got a Maxx for my Buick so I’ll see how it goes but for the price and warranty I don’t think you can go wrong
I had a Red Top in my Chevelle and it only lasted 4 years. Next time, I'll try a Yellow Top and see how long that one will last...
Claude.

T-type Jones

It depends on how quick you wanna replace it, Wal*Mart, Auto Zone, Checkers, Die Hard,Optima...Just about most batteries are made by Johnson Control that last around 3 years. When I went battery shopping, I was looking for any battery NOT made by them, In my Buick I run a Duracell. Personally I would go with the Interstate over the DieHard...Just my thoughts

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
I bought 2 Red Top Optimas for my Cummins in early 2000's. Those batteries survived for 6 years. They were Made in USA.
The next 2 Red Tops only made it for 3+ years. They were Made in Mexico.

I started buying Made in USA AGM batteries from Batteries Plus. They have survived about 5-6 years.

Had to buy a couple batteries for my truck again. The local Batteries Plus store didn't have any available due to Covid/shipping issues. Bought a couple from Orielly's. Performance/longevity remains to be seen.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
I did extensive research about 2 years ago. Interstate used to be really good. 2000'ish RedTops were great. Now the newer ones, made in Mexico, are not. The yellow tops last longer. Johnson Controls does make interstate and their quality has decreased. Ideally East Penn makes one of the best batteries. I know O'Reillys sells them under Super Start. Some Walmart batteries are rebadged Interstates and some are rebadged East Penn. It depends on what part of the country. Look at the East Penn batteries and then go to Walmart. If the case looks the same I would grab that one. Walmart by me has Interstates. I went to O'Reillys and bought mine. Forgot who makes the AC Delco and DieHard. But I am pretty sure the top of the line Diehard is pretty decent.
If you do a search you might find my old post.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter

Found my old post. HTH

jlat

hello people: Whatever bat. you go with I always go for a dual post for my TB. You never know if a jump might be needed. I've seen these fancy new bats that need a special charger, that is small, weighs nothing, and holds a lot of juice. That was for a motorbike anyway.
IBBY

SS/GN

Went with Napa up here. Made in USA was my reason. Offshore usually means junk in my experience.

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
Whatever was cheapest at Parts Source with a warranty. When it died I took it back and they gave me another one. The manager knew me, so he didn't say shit.:cool:

T-type Jones

I’ve had a lot better luck with them but I can’t bring myself to put a big yellow eyesore under the hood on my GN
I went through 2 yellow tops in 5 1/2 years, the AGM Optima Battery doesn't last like they did when they were made here in this country. My 1st red top lasted me 8 years. Not to mention, You'll need to buy a special AGM battery charger to keep your warranty

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Antigravity and be done
Honest questions about these lithium batteries. Understand the weight savings but more interested in longevity, so trying to determine if the cost difference is worth it.

Most of us have some type of trickle charger but these may need to be replaced if the charger isn't designed to handle these batteries, correct?

How do these batteries handle volt boosters in the 15.5V range?

How long have these batteries lasted on your vehicles?

Screenshot_20211010-103151_Drive.jpg
20211010_103002.jpg